PMDG 737/738 Bugs in SU15 Beta

That is almost certainly caused by a corrupt panel state file.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

1 Like

And if we resave our panel file and it still is occurring… what’s next?

2 Likes

i did try few pb come back each time i restart MSFS

moxiejeff, then I suggest reporting this to Microsoft.

So far, we have not found any new issues with SU15 that could be reliably recreated, but that, of course, does not mean that Microsoft might want to look into your issue. Ensure you have your DLC folder completely cleaned except for the 738, otherwise it might be caused by another DLC. Also make sure all standard files of the sim are indeed the default ones and not replaced by some DLC.

If you see this issue with the final SU15, do leave us a ticket.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

Had it twice. First the aircraft didn’t initialize its panel so everything was blacked out. Restarting the flight didn’t work, restarting the sim didn’t work. I had to restart the Xbox in order for it to work. After I’ve made it work the hydraulic tanks were empty and i had to refill them via ground maintenance. I’ve done some research and I found out that this has something to do with a broken or corrupted panel state file and it can be caused bu quitting the sim without closing the flight first or shutting down your system while in flight.

Anyway, this only happened twice and the first time was before SU15 so I think this might be related to something else. It doesn’t bother me too much as it seems to fix pretty quick and it doesn’t occur often

Yes I’ve had the same issues

Yep, been experiencing the same. I had already done the hydraulics thing, and that did work, but it has also loaded unresponsive again today. Hope PMDG will sort it. Must be something about the SU15b as I almost never had problems with any PMDGs before (except once when avionics became unresponsive in the 600 last year…)

But we are at this moment absolutely not able to recreate these issues in regards to SU15 beta. Are you 101% sure this is not caused by another DLC? Are you able to recreate this with all other DLC removed?

Have you already made a ticket at our support? support.pmdg.com.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

FWIW, I have a few flights in the SU15 betas in both the 737/738 and the ONLY issue I have experienced is the need to service the hydraulics, which has been mentioned a few places as a known issue related to saved panel states. Satisfied with this information I have pressed on and will deal with panel states at a later date. I have tested this and other aircraft models with no and/or minimal other add ons to make my beta testing results relevant and useful for the devs and others. The 737/738s on my Xbox Series X have performed perfectly across all the test flights I have run in recent weeks. Very impressive! I tested the Asobo 787-10 and other defaults first to establish a baseline, and altogether the SU15 betas are a big improvement for my purposes.

1 Like

Hey guys, i’ve been facing this issue since the SU 15 beta was relesead. I noted that when I load the plane for the First attempt, the issue of the yoke and etc… Occur, and I looked that too the time to load is Very fast. Só O used tô try a Second trial Just going back to menu and redoing the flight and for my surprise It load no só fast and ALL is ok and I can make my flight without any problem.

1 Like

I can confirm that ive been experiencing the same two problems with the pmdg 737 from the start of the current beta. Each time I start a flight the cockpit is dead, thankfully a restart from within the flight, not having to go back to the menu, usually works first time but occasionally i have to restart twice. I also have to clear all failures and carry out maintenance to get rid of the hydraulics problems. During the beta i reinstalled the 737 and that didnt fix either problem so it cant be that i have corrupt saved panel states which ive seen suggested as a possible cause.

3 Likes

I joined the latest Beta(Xbox) and have the same issues. A restart of flight and maintenance to hydraulic fluid fixes it for me. Happening on every flight on first load. I know it happening cause it loads into the plane way too fast on the first load. Never had any issues prior to this Beta.

1 Like

You’ve got several examples here. As a few said, we’ve never had this issue until SU15. So something has changed.

Same on PC… 9 out 10 cold/dark spawns have black avionics and locked yoke. The only fix in beta is to restart, then the 738 works fine.

In addition to above, the hydraulics issue happens about 50% of the time for me.

Curious - has anyone tried today’s beta update (1.37.7.0) and has it improved any with this PMDG 737 bug (particularly the spawning and having locked controls, black screens, etc.?)

2 Likes

I’ve just found this thread as I got this issue for the first time today, using the latest Beta. Occurs regardless of which 737 variant I load in to and happens at any airport.

I’ve posted over at PMDG as well but see Mathijs above saying they can’t recreate it.

1 Like

Hey there! Your screenshot isn’t showing up, for me at least?

Have you tried restarting the flight? This seems to fix it for most. I haven’t tried in the latest build but plan to in a few hours.

PMDG pushed a new update for 737 series… will test it tonight.

2 Likes

@TheFalconOne I apologize for the rookie question, but how do I clear out the panel states? What is the procedure for that?

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes