PMDG 737/738 Bugs in SU15 Beta

Now that I’ve flown over 10 flights in PMDG’s 738 in SU15 Beta, here are a couple of bugs I’ve noticed, which have repeated on a few of the flights:

1. Randomly when I spawn at a gate (cold/dark), all screens are black and I can’t click on anything and the plane is unresponsive. The temp solution is to restart the flight, but this is new since SU15 beta:

1. Over 4 of my 10 flights, my hydraulics stopped working (on the same aircraft) and I had to go into Ground Maintenance > Refill Hydraulics in order for them to work. Initially, I thought this may be by design (PMDG) as it’s been a while since I’ve ever done maintenance on the 738, but it happened on the next flight I did after refilling hydraulics.

Once I refilled the hydraulics in the FMC maintenance menu, these would work again:

Anyone else experiencing these in PMDG? I’ve submitted these 2 bugs to them as well.

I’m getting random bugs as well in 737-6. Flaps and gear not working sometimes spawning in to unresponsive yoke, rudder, and black screens in su15 beta. I did the latest PMDG update just prior to the beta update so not sure which is to blame.
Other aircraft working ok except CTd in Dreamliner after 20 minutes or so into every flight.

3 Likes

Ive had the unresponsive black screens thing several times and non working brakes. However ive also got a problem with ground steering in that there isnt any! Tiller is correctly assigned and axis works fine in the options screen but does nothing to the actual aircraft (which is the latest verson).

2 Likes

So far it’s been great with my testing. Having said that I might probably experience bugs after writing this :joy:

2 Likes

This actually happened to me as well (during taxi on one of my flights, nothing would respond via my tiller… had to restart flight and then it worked). Sigh.

1 Like

lol; don’t jinx yourself. I’ve actually had the majority of my PMDG flights work flawlessly… minus the random issues that I posted above. Hopefully it’ll be sorted out.

2 Likes

Yea this is what beta testing is all about. It’ll be figured out soon

1 Like

This happens to me when I load a Flight inthe 737-600. I turned back to SU 14 to be able to make a flight at least. hopping to see the next update and the feed back to see if it is worth it.

1 Like

I also noticed the bugs with the hydraulics and the “dead” cockpit.

3 Likes

I’ve had a few of the aircraft options not saving properly. The Pressurisation Panel (Old/New) does not save when I change it, and I’m not getting the 50ft call-out.

A lot of these issues indicate an incompatible panel state. So always clear these out if you test on a beta SU.

If you are 100% sure these issues are not because of the panel states and not because another DLC is not compatible with the SU beta, do make a ticket so we can check it out. Please be precise in your ticket, for example if you are seeing this on Xbox or PC.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

2 Likes

For the hydrolics issue, from FMC i just restored the fluids for hydrolic system and the issue was gone. Check all the maintenance options and refill it will be gone. It’s definitely broken after beta though.

4 Likes

yes, is also happens to me

Do report these to Microsoft.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

1 Like

Correct, that’s what I wrote as a temp solve in my OP… but I never had to do this multiple times until SU15 beta.

1 Like

I had dead cockpit on start up a couple of months back .remove all liveries uninstall and delete all panel states fresh install cured .this was after the last sim update so similar corruption may have happened with beta.

I’m on the latest SU15B2 and I’ve not had black screen for a some flights. However, I just had another incident of black screens when starting a flight. Sadly I had to restart the flight twice to get the screens working again. It seems the fix in B2 has not fully resolved the issue. Has anyone got the same experience?

I’ve literally just had it again. All screens black, however the spot where the clock normally shows, now shows something resembling a map of the middle of Germany, I can clearly see Hamburg. Strangely, as I’m actually on the ground in Frankfurt-Hahn.

That worked for me, thanks!

I’d not considered doing that as I had only bought the 738 around a week ago…,

1 Like

Also have issues here : state panel does not save, yoke full left, flaps & gear not working properly…