PMDG 737 development was stopped for few weeks, announcements on release date on hold

I wrote a post yesterday that was shut down due it going OT, and that’s okay. But I’ve never felt stronger and greater disappointment towards a flight sim platform… and I’ve had MSFS since the mid-nineties.

It used to be; we would wait patiently on developers, sometimes for a couple of years, but most of the time within a year or less, for our dream-come-true study-level 3rd party addons to arrive. Instead, what’s happening now is we are waiting on the platform MSFS2020 itself to become “stable”. It’s a farce. Take for example the SWS Daher Kodiak which was first expected to release 6 months ago - which uses the defaulf G1000 I might add and not a complicated FMS(!). Because the developers have a license with Daher and are precious about their work, they kept holding off due to MSFS updates that break what they’ve poured precious hours into. They and PMDG are beholden to their customers and their licences. Why would they want to release anything to us when the next update is likely to break it?

I only recently converted to MSFS after a year of attempting to engrain myself in its quirks and repeated disappointments. It was finally looking like the sim of my dreams. PMDG was close to release and I couldn’t have asked for more. I’m reinstalling X-Plane today and will fly the Zibo mod from now on. I’ll save MSFS2020 for GA flights, as that’s all it’s good for - other than zipping around the Mach Loop.

Shoutout to Heavy Division, Working Title, the A32NX developers who do amazing work. It’s just sad that the only study level content (other than the Aerosoft CRJ which is far from perfect) in MSFS2020 is coming from dedicated members of the community offering up their free time. It’s not good enough Asobo.

3 Likes