PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

-700/-800 come with cargo / BBJ variants, -600/-900 dont

2 Likes

Hi All,

Two questions. First regarding changing your cruise level after already reaching TOC and second meeting an Altitude requirement at at WAYPOINT.

This morning I was flying on VATSIM during a very busy period in the US between Boston and Baltimore. Due to there being so many aircraft, ATC started amending peoples cruise levels. I was asked to change from FL320 to FL280. I changed my Altitude in my MCP and then adjusted my CRZ level in the FMC. However after leveling out at my new CRZ Altitude my speed plummeted to my approach speed and I even got an “AIR SPEED LOW” warning. I ended up taking manual control of the speed as no matter what I did the aircraft would not resume normal cruise speed without manual input on the MCP.

The second thing I got asked to do was meet a WAYPOINT at a certain altitude that was not apart of a ARRIVAL. This was just a standard way point on route. I wanted to change the altitude for this way point in my FMC. When I did so I got INVALID ENTRY when placing a speed e.g .77/FL280.

I was able to put in the FMC /FL280 and it accepted it however then would drop my cruise speeds back to approach speeds.

Can anyone help me with how to perform this correctly. I am sure it is an error by me and not the aircraft.

Many Thanks.

On SPAD.next, I have the value “PMDGNG3:EVT_EFIS_CPT_MINIMUMS” set to one of the side switches on my Honeycomb Alpha yoke (can’t determine right now if it’s a data or event value…I think it’s an event based on the name; don’t have my controls hooked up right now so I’m having to look through the profile xml file).

I have one direction set to increasing the value (set so that the value increases when the button is held); the other direction is set to decreasing the value (again, as the button is held). Great for setting baro minimums at high altitude airports.

1 Like

This version of the NG doesn’t allow step descents. If you start a descent you’ll put the FMS into descent mode and you can’t get back to cruise mode. This is correct behaviour while there have been software changes in later FMS models that actually can handle a cruise descent. So what you did is correct, you leave VNAV and take MCP control over the speed.

I don’t think you can set a Mach number as a constraint. Use knots and try again. I don’t know this for sure though.

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense, thanks. For some reason I had it in my mind there was a way to assign a button such that it would set the minimums immediately - I know, daft idea…

Thank you very much for your reply. I am glad i at least did something right! :rofl:

I will try KNOTS for the constraints next time.

Thanks again.

For those who follow the 737 closely…do they have any plans for a proper simbrief integration (auto pulling flightplans into the sim) or are they still going to be doing the download plans thing?

Auto SimBrief flight plans and Navigraph charts will come with the EFB that is in development.

2 Likes

Many thanks for the information, its not something I knew so much appreciated :+1:

Can’t wait for this bird to come to XBOX! Given the DC6 is perfectly fine with WASM on console I hope it won’t be too long a wait now.

5 Likes

Im gonna call it not this week coming the following week :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

:cry::cry:

Not the end of the world, they’ll get it sorted and we’ll be flying it sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

found this on a Xbox msfs fan page .

will have to wait again … :sob::sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

Lets hope they can get it sorted :crossed_fingers:t2::pray:

1 Like

More time to work on the EFB then.

2 Likes

A bit off topic, but a BBJ1 (based on the -700) plays a key supporting role in last night’s episode of HBO’s SUCCESSION.

6 Likes

Its like a rollercoaster this coming to xbox hopefully :pray::crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

Just sit back and relax, they’l come. It’s all part of the game, building up momentum and create hype :grin:

6 Likes

Not sure how much my heart can take to be honest mate :rofl:

2 Likes