PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

I didn’t know the load states load instantly. I thought it will affect the next spawn. I can see all this stuff being implemented on an EFB in future updates. Good stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind, makes sense for it to load instantly, duh.

I just went back and watched the recording of my last ILS landing from Sunday evening - AP2 armed itself somewhere between 1000’ - 1,500’ AGL.

1 Like

Simply as a backup and x-check.

I opened a ticket at PMDG, they confirmed it and want to correct it.
Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

TCAS stays in TA/RA for approach. The system will inhibit certain RAs during approach.
“Increase Descent” RAs are inhibited below around 1,550 ft AGL, “Descend” RAs are inhibited below 1,100 ft AGL.

The only time you would go for “TA only” option on the TCAS is a one-engine scenario (the QRH directs you to do that) to avoid advisories that exceed the one-engine climb performance.

2 Likes

Thanks very much Geoffda. That is exactly what I was looking for. I don’t favor extensive minutiae in a/c I fly so I’ll probably pass on this what is no doubt a wonderful sim a/c. Probably the same for the Fenrix A320.

100% agree with this. I have been flying the wonderful A32NX mod and have been throuroughly enjoying learning how to program the MCDU. With the help of CptCanada, Easyjetsimpilot and V1Simulations on youtube, learning how to fly that bird was very easy. I think the other thing that helped was how the FBW team implements features as they develop them, almost like lessons, that increase in complexity as you go on. Very manageable and easy to tie in the new feature with how it compliments the last one.

I was very nervous going from Airbus to Boeing, but I love the sleekness of the 737-700 and am so happy I made the plunge. The 737 is a dream to fly, and the FMC and all the weird autopilot modes were nowhere near as complicated as I made them out to be. For the price, I totally recommend it! I personally, am looking forward to the -600/-900 variants, but will most likely be purchasing them all!

5 Likes

Just for information this sheet represents the old Boeing procedures. Still usable - the plane won’t fall off the skies -, but IRL Boeing procedures and checklists are more streamlined now. BTW the built-in procedures/checklists for the 737 in MSFS are very close to the current real-life counterparts.

Yeah I was looking for one that actually mentions what to put the switches in. Many checklists you google just mention ‘set’ and ‘checked’ but this one differentiates on ‘on’ or ‘auto’ for example.

I know. I am planning to make some videos about proper 737 procedures and how the PMDG compares to real life. I am not a Youtube-ninja in any way but the disinformation out there is annoying. Unquestionably majority of those videos/streams are entertaining but have nothing (or little) to do with real-life operation. Mines will be probably boring… :sweat_smile: but hopefully more informative. I know it’s just a sim but PMDG made an awesome work delivering this as close to RL as possible I think it really deserves putting some time and effort to fly it as the real thing.

5 Likes

Well there a quite a lot of RL-world pilots out there with - as you say - boring proper videos.

I think the quick/entertaining ones can be pretty good for newbies who just need to get into the air first and will start fiddling around with stuff once they have some spare time during cruise; google things or search the manuals.

For me personally my first PMDG-product was the 747-400 and what I liked best about PMDG is that I could actually watch real world footage on youtube and copy that in my simulator. That stuff never bored me one bit. :wink:

Guys I always want to simulate real life and all the carts that come for baggage, but very often they stuck when it’s time to leave and I can’t refuel because the truck doesn’t come…there is a way to fix this situation and unlock the freezing carts?

Going from memory here:

Go to the FMC root page, select FS Actions, then Ground Services. From there, page through until you see the option to dismiss the carts.

The problem is that I dismiss it, but they stuck and they stay for minutes on “departing” but nothing happens, they stuck there and after 10 minutes they disappear

When you do, please let me know of your channel :smiley: Or do you have a channel right now i can subscribe to?

Thank you for a good answere as always. Is the tcas system working propperly in the pmdg? I bet it do. But the AI traffic that is the problem?

I can’t answer about whether it’s working “correctly” but my last flight a couple evenings ago, I flew from KTPA to KBNA (a usual route for Southwest). I had AI traffic enabled and saw a lot of parallel and opposing traffic in flight, which did indeed show up on the 737 TCAS display in the appropriate orientations and indicated altitudes.

1 Like

Thanks for asking! Not much content yet as it’s a new channel but the next vid is already being edited, hopefully lands by the weekend.

4 Likes

What I’ve seen so far it works as it should. I already had one RA and all the warnings were true to RL.

1 Like

TCAS works fine on VATSIM, but I am not certain if it works with sim-generated AI as I do not use AI

1 Like