PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

Does anyone have issues with liveries installed in operations manger not showing up in the install list, but showing up on the game and when you come to remove the livery, you cant uninstall it as its not on the list but by deleting it, it still shows up in the liveries selection in the game…
I have two liveries with this problem…

2rd party liveries don’t seem to show an installed icon preview, but go to -

Ops Centre->Aircraft & Liveries->Livery Utilities->Export or Remove Installed Liveries

to remove any 3rd party ones.

EDIT: seems like Ops Centre has a refresh problem, because installed 3rd party liveries on that page only show up first time. select any dropdown and you get a blank listing. A bug I think. You seem to have to close Ops centre down and reopen again for the list of the installed 3rd party liveries to appear in that “Livery Utilities” page.

Let´s assume one of the integrated disk generators fails in the 737. Is in this case the APU started in flight?
Or leave the pilots the APU off and say “well whatever, it would be too much coincidence having the second generator fail also!” while continuing the flight normally?

Not sim-related but since there are few RL pilots here, I wanted to ask -

How “hard” is the 250 knot speed limit < 10,000 (in the US)? I thought it was mandatory but yesterday, I came out of my office (approx 15 miles south of BOS) and saw an A320 fly over low and fast. Looked it up on Flight Aware, it was inbound to BOS, at 3,000’ doing 290 knots. I didn’t think speeds this fast were permitted.

Just trying to fly my own “jet” in the most realistic manner.

1 Like

Scroll a little back, it was discussed here not so long ago.

The 290 knots shown on FlightAware is ground speed, which might indeed be higher than 250 knots if the aircraft was flying with a tailwind.

The 250 knot restriction below 10,000 feet is for indicated airspeed as shown on the instruments.

Ground speed will be higher than 250 knots also the higher the aircraft flies. Even in a zero-wind situation, if the aircraft is at 9000 feet (with ISA temperature and pressure), maintaining 250 knots IAS will give a true airspeed of 289 knots

2 Likes

Just had my first flight in PMDG B737 since SU10 update. I always start in COLD&DARK. But was unable to toggle the Power Switch this time.

By clearing the "working area’ ( ie FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages and remove pmdg-aircraft-737 folder). Then the initial startup default allows me to fly the 737, but not from C&D. So will have to live with it until PMDG resolve the problem.

A reinstall of the B737 will not work since the existing ‘working area’ will still be used. This clearing of the W/A also works when hydaulics have been an issue (no steering, flaps and spoilers, may have been caused by me not starting the B737 correctly). A restart will not clear this, another bug.

Here is the explanation from a week ago

2 Likes

I have been using the PMDG 737 throughout the SU10 beta period and have no problems starting C&D. Whatever is causing the problem on your system, I doubt it is something that PMDG can resolve.

2 Likes

This plane is an absolute beauty to fly. PMDG well done for creating such an excellent addon.

5 Likes

And no other airplane has this awesome outside view!

t

1 Like

Barberpole is stick shaker. What triggers low speed warnings due to reduced maneuver load margin is the top of the amber bar. You can test it. Fly slow and start a turn or use speedbrakes and see how the amber bar creeps up.

1 Like

Anyone else had flickering displays/indicators since SU10? I’ve tested all 737s and found this, all displays and indicator lights are flickering. Assuming it’s some sort of corruption post-SU10 but just curious if it’s affected anyone else.

Are you using DLSS?
I have switched for now to DLSS (I like the quieter GPU fans!), but some of the smaller text in the displays (like the 100’s of Ft in the altitude display) just shimmers a shade of grey when changing value. It could be something like that. Not seen annything else going on with 737 and SU10, it’s been fine.

No this is major flickering and it only affects the 737’s, nothing else. Yes I’m using DLSS at the mo.

Will reinstall, see if that does the trick.

1 Like

Nope haha.

Must be a post SU10 conflict. Maybe a mod. Because it was fine pre update.

Now begins the laborious process of community folder trial and error. Which takes an age because of how long the sim takes to load.

Well that didn’t work either, emptying the community folder.

I’m stumped.

It’s weird as it’s only the overhead panel lights, and some of the centre pedestal lights (where the nav and com radios are etc) that are flickering. The PFD, ND, CDU etc are fine.

Reinstalling doesn’t seem to work. Maybe corrupted in this version of my sim but it’s not recompiling the WASM modules when I reinstall.

As I say, I’m out of ideas.

Edit; You’ve got to be kidding me. After all that, it seems that the 737 doesn’t like the combination of DLSS and DX11. I’ve changed it to DX12, and it’s fine.

Weirdly though, it wasn’t liking TAA either. This sim baffles me.

What an utter waste of 2 hours.

2 Likes

I use DX11 and TAA and don’t have any flickering issues. It might be worth doing a uninstall/reinstall + clean out as per this post:

1 Like

I did all that and it didn’t work. Removed all 737 variants via uninstalling. Removed all liveries. Reinstalled the aircraft. Still getting it. Changed it to DX12. It subsequently worked.

As I say, baffling.

1 Like

Try change drivers to another version.

Same here, DX11 and TAA still, no problems. My driver to GTX1070Ti is from 2020.