PMDG 737 Hydraulics Problem

737-900

HYD PUMPS with Bug.
The lights do not go out… and when I complete the entire check list, the aircraft does not turn to the right or left, it just continues going without controls

1 Like

Your hydraulic fluid is low.

Go into the FMC, ground maintenance and select hydraulic fluid.

1 Like

I had the engine fail issue before and it is because I selected the fuel cut off too early.

Now I’ll wait until the engine spins N2 25% before giving it fuel.

The electric hydraulic pumps won’t run on battery power, you need external or APU power.

If you have these kinds of issues, can I suggest using our support and discussion forums?

https://forum.pmdg.com/

Fresh install of PMDG 737-900. Had the same problem after setting up flight on the ramp. No hyd pressure. “Serviced” hyd systems from FMC ground maintenance page and pumps made normal pressure. I went flying and all was well. Thanks for the tip. For fun I saved the flight at Top of Climb so I could come directly back to the cruise portion of the flight. The next day I came back and restarted the sim and that same fight that ToC save-point. Once again hydraulics were at zero pressure. The FMC maintenance page is not accessible in flight so I couldn’t ‘re-service’ the hyd. In flight saves cannot be recovered cuz the plane must have hyd pressure. How to fix? Any ideas?

Had the same too last week. Reason was no hyd-fluid. Think it was a MSFS-problem with the beta-bulid. After beta update the problem did not appear again.

We are not aware of any such issue regarding SU15 beta. Could it not be simply a slow leak? That’s something the aircraft has modeled.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

There was no failure indicated in the FMC. a leak would have been indicated in the “failures” in FMC?

Service your aircraft and those type problems go away (do it thru the FMC)

I just asked the development team and they believe it is almost certainly a corrupt state save. But hey, what do they know? :flushed:

1 Like

Maybe a leak would show as a failure. Burning too much off without topping off would not. Or, as has been suggested, a corrupted save state with too low fluid. That wouldn’t be a failure, that’d be a feature of normal wear and tear simulation.

This is a fresh install of both MSFS and the PMDG 737-9 and I have a ticket in with PMDG. “Service related” failures are OFF. They had me delete all saved panel states and flights. Then reload on the runway. No help. I don’t mind running out and servicing hydro just before take off, but hydro qty is also zero when I restart a flight I saved in-route. My old (real world) DC-8s used to wear a smear of hyd fluid down the left side but no sign if that here. Of course I can just jump out and service it inflight! I’ll keep ya’ll updated as we go.

Update. I was on a beta build. That may be it. De-enrolled in beta updates and uninstalled msfs. MS will not allow re-installation of public/stable release until my beta status is updated (24 hours according to MS rep). Stay tuned.

It seems we identified this issue, patch now with our beta team.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

1 Like

PMDG Ops Center just popped up a new patch for my 737-900 (3.0.91). I had saved several points along a testflight and all are now loading with hyd qty working normally. Still on SU15 beta 36.xx. Mathijjs, was that the patch?

We hope that that patch alleviates those issues, indeed.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG