PMDG 737 - No own Voice

Hi all,

i have a small Problem with my 737. I dont hear my own Voice when i talk to the (MSFS own) ATC.

That works in all other Planes, just not in the 737.

I see the Text in the ATC Windows but i dont hear it…

My Audio Panel:

1 Like

Same problem here… and unfortunately, I am so far unable to find a real solution.

What did work for me most of the time is this:

I usually start my flights cold and dark (setting in the PMDG FMC), with the plane at a gate.
If I loose my own voice, I instead spawn on the runway. That means the plane goes live for a moment, before it returns to the pre-set cold and dark state. For some reason, this (re-)activates my „own“ voice for ATC interaction, for this and subsequent flights.

Unfortunately, after a couple of flights the own voice is lost again and I have to repeat the process described above.

I looked very hard at my com panels to see if the spawning on the runway results in any switches in a different position, but did not note anything out of the ordinary. So the whole „own Voice“ thing remains a mystery. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn‘t.

I raised this issue on the PMDG forum, to no avail.

Hi, please do share the link to that thread.

1 Like

I have had the problem twice in the past week and later read that MS lost Azure for a while world wide. Sounded like a big deal.

Same here …

1 Like

Same thing happening for me, i usually just do short haul flights and make use of the Default ATC so it’s super annoying

And for me it’s the other way around. I hear communication with ATC (both myself and the tower) until takeoff. Then I can only hear myself - I can only read the tower…