PMDG 737 Pop Out Instruments Are Huge!

Since SU10 the pop out instruments are HUGE! Cover half the windscreen. Anyone else seeing this
(I hope)?

I seen yesterday, doing a flight! It has already been reported on the pmdg forum.

here: Did SU10 ruined the pop-up panels for anyone else? - PMDG Simulations

How can a navigation screen from the Cleanbus or the 737 be popped out as 2D overlay? Just clicking on the LCD-screen does nothing.

Please I really need to know this because when zooming fully out during start I cannot read the speed gauge.

I wonder if it has something to do with UI scaling from windows. In most cases when an app window covers a huge portion of the display is because you’re using UI scaling on a high DPI resolution display. For example, I have to use a 300% UI scaling on a 3840x2160 resolution. Otherwise at 100% without UI scaling, the text are rendered 1:1 ratio with the resolution and it can be too small to read.

When an app has incorrect scaling, it may apply the scaling twice. So in my case, Windows already scaled my UI by 300%. And the app thinks that since it needs to upscale by 300%. So we get this double scaling of basically 900% and on screen, it may take the entire screen and even goes beyond the borders.

I know the example above is extreme, and it may not even the same case as you. But what I do when an app does this behaviour is I go to the EXE properties and disable the High-DPI Scaling. Not sure if we need do disable something similar in PMDG app. Or maybe disabling it as well in MSFS, if the pop out instruments is using the same engine as MSFS app.

Not shure if I understand your question correctly but holding down the Right-Alt key and clicking on a LCD-screen should pop it out.

1 Like

GamingCat, see Willful’s answer. When you hold down the Right Alt key and move your cursor over the instrument you want to expand you will see a plus sign. Click and then the screen will appear ‘popped’ out.

1 Like

So, anyone got a fix? My instrument pop outs are still HUGE.

I am having the same issue. When I click on the FMC I get a full screen and in some cases no image. I click on other screens and I get the plus but now image. Is there a fix for this?

This trick is awesome, finally I can read the speed and variometer gauge that becomes as tiny as a fingernail when zooming fully out during start.
But unfortunately this trick does not work inside the Fenix cockpit - does the Fenix have pop-out instruments too? :slight_smile:

I must admit that I haven’t tested this in the Fenix. Using Right-Alt when clicking on a screen is the standard way of poping out instruments in MSFS. It works in most of the planes I have used but is most likely someting each developer can choose to implement or not.

Mhm yes you are right they are really huge and fill the whole screen. Using the mouse to resize the windowframe works.

Yes, they can be resized, but must be resized each time they are popped out. Grrrr

No they don’t

Google Msfs popout panel manager

This software will pop it out for you

Thanks. I’ll look into iit.