PMDG 737 some "key" events though FSUIPC not working. Bug?

Hi, i’m triggering control events through FSUIPC, and i’m noticing the control events that start the APU generators: named EVT_OH_ELEC_APU_GEN1_SWITCH and EVT_OH_ELEC_APU_GEN2_SWITCH, are moving the 3d switches, but not actually activating the generators as when you do it with the mouse. Is this a bug, or there’s some other event that can start these generators up?

Cheers!

There are more switches like these.
Your best reference is Home | Hubhop by Mobiflight.

For example, the APU gen 1 switch down event would be ROTOR_BRAKE with parameter 2801. This activates both the switch on screen as well as the actual function.

Wow this is a great finding. Is there a list somewhere (apart from hubhop) of all the actions that can be done through the key event ROTOR_BRAKE? I don’t see this event listed in the PMDG 737 Documents…

There is no such list that I know of.

What I typically do is enable the FSUIPC event logging and then use the mouse to activate the switches to see which event and parameter are used. Usually the parameter ending on 01 means down or turn right, 02 is up or turn left, 03 is getting mouse movement, 04 is losing focus or release, but there are exceptions.

1 Like