PMDG B737 Not Following Flight Plan

After ditching this sim many months ago, Ive now come back to see if it got any better. I tried a flight with my PMDG B737-7. I did the usual flight plan on sim brief and got it all put in correctly. I take off and the plane doesnt bother following any waypoints even though LNAV is on. I have over 30k hours on flight sims so Im no rookie. Why isn’t LNAV working now? I have about a thousand hours using PMDG and five times that on earlier sims so I know how this goes. I don’t currently have a Navigraph subscription but I doubt this is why. It worked fine before. But now the aircraft completely ignores any flight plan. And yes everything is updated.

Mod conflict?
I agree it’s not Navigraph if the plan is in the FMC, and it just doesn’t follow the route.
I haven’t had any issues with the 737, and I use it a lot, so I would speculate that a mod conflict may be the cause.

Hello
Could it be that you have some assistance activated…?
Disable assists and put in realism mode.
I’m not in front of the PC now but I’ll tell you exactly where it is when I can. Now I can’t remember my configuration in my head.

1 Like

Assistance Options, Piloting

2 Likes

Something is obviously not right. I fly the pmdg 737-700 all the time and I’ve never encountered that problem. As others have said, check to make sure you don’t have any ai pilot assists on. You say you have a lot of experience in the 737 so I’m going to assume you don’t have any discontinuities on the legs pages in the FMC, which would cause the plane to not follow the next waypoint.

1 Like

i have been flying the 737 since release and zero issues, it follows the flight plan every single flight, just out of interest where are you flying from and flying too?
not that it should make any difference

Should the 737 follow a flt plan loaded from the world map. The 787 will do it easily just by turning on autopilot and setting altitude and pressing the nav button on my bravo. The fss e175 and ga planes will work as well. But I can’t get the 737-6 to work. Help is appreciated.

Hello
For PMDG download your flight plan in .rte format and take it to the route:
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-738\work

There you will see Flightplans and paste your .rte you will also see WX if it is downloaded .wx it will also have the data for forecast.

Will it work by using the AP buttons on the 737’s glareshield, or just from your Bravo?

No it won’t work that way either. The same thing happens. The nav light will blink on then right back off and the heading button stays illuminated no matter what I do. Thx

1 Like

Thx tonygsxr i will give that a go.

1 Like

Does the route load in the FMC?

Yes the route loads in the fmc with all the waypoints. I’ve tried pressing the init button to no avail as well

1 Like

Once all this is done at the FMC, simply en route, request your flight plan and it will be loaded.
If you need help with something I will be happy to help you.
All the best.

1 Like

Thanks so much.

Ok I saved a flt from klax to ksfo to the flight plan folder under the PMDG work folder. It saves as a .flt file. This won’t pull up in the fmc when I do a flt plan request. If I change the file to a . Rte file when I request a flt plan it gives error that klax. Rte is invalid rte file. I must be doing something really wrong

Hello
Where do you generate your flight plans from…?
Simbrief…?
If so, once generated, go down and you will see the flight plan downloads section.
Hit show more details and download PMDG Flightplan and
PMDG Wind Uplink

He has stated he makes them in the world map planner.

1 Like

In the world map. This works fine for asobo 787 and fss ejets and the atr’s and others. But not the pmdg 736.

Edit. I just found on the pmdg forum that the 737’s don’t use the world map flight plan. Have to use simbrief or type in yourself in fmc. Sorry for wasting your time on this.

I normally use Simbrief, and had not tried to use the World Map Planner.
As far as I can tell after trying, the 737 will not import from the World Map.
You may want to visit the PMDG forums and confirm this.

1 Like