PMDG Boeing 737 - release expected in January '22

A developer of PMDG stated that the 737 is planned to be released at the end of January 2022. Also, PMDG wants to surprise the community with a “combination of quality and affordability”.

Source: PMDG Let Slip 737NG3 Release Date - Threshold

Looks like there’s no release before Christmas but I think we can still be very excited :smiley:

3 Likes

Sounds good. Also, their DC-6 is supposed to show up in the marketplace today.

1 Like

I want a higher price if I can get even more realism, system depth and accuracy. :slight_smile:
Please DO NOT make endless compromises to lower the price and try to dumb down the PMDG 737 to Captain Sim levels only to be able to release some stupid “pocket-money-friendly 15 $ airliner for the arcade-kids, stock-747 is needed to be installed for cockpit screens.
Doing so would destroy one of the most promising and sought-after planes with the highest potential and probably highest sale numbers ever developed for the new sim.

Who has said anything about PMDG compromising? That’s not in their nature and they will never give their name to anything less than perfect. If you read the dev updates about the 73 you realise they ARE going for full systems depth.

All that’s said here is that they can probably go for a lower price than what they and us as users were expecting. This is only a good sign! Hopefully this cycle can continue

1 Like

“Quality and Affordability“.

Hm… I wonder how much it would be… $99?

$59.99 mark my words

Around $139.99 according to this [08NOV19] Someone is wrong on the internet! Help us fix them... - PMDG Simulations

No way.
The DC 6 is already in that range.
I rather expect 90$.

This was before MSFS had even made it out into the world. I have to think that they have some numbers from Asobo that have increased expectations on the number of licenses they might sell. But my guess? Just below $100.

They have 2 constraints in my mind. They have clearly indicated they want to reduce the price because of the increased market size demonstrated by the DC6. They’ve also promised a $100 credit to those that bought the P3D package. My suspicion when you put these together is that all of the 600-900 series will be available for the $99.99 that the base pack for P3D sells for (getting both on P3D is $125), allowing them to give the P3D users the full credit and show a cheaper price for users entering in MSFS.

Also - silly me for not checking the date on that article before seeing this thread, think January 2022 no longer realistic for release.

It will be the biggest and most important and impactful day in simulated aviation history when the PMDG 737 is finally released and a study-level Boeing is finally available :smiley:
Maybe we should celebrate it as World Boeing Day.

I hope there will be a 737-8 (better known as MAX) version available too. I don´t want to miss these more than impressive new turbines!

The first time turbine nacelles are mounted in front of the wing instead of underneath.
JAV20200623162925

1 Like

Have you ever heard of the concept economy of scale?
The more products you sell the cheaper you can sell each unit for.
PMDG stated that in the first 2 hours since the release of the DC-6 in MSFS they sold more units than they had already sold in all the other sims combined.
If you release “cheap” in MSFS you can make a fortune by selling tons of units, PMDG understood that and were very succesfull with their DC6, why would they change their strategy?

With cheap ■■■■ I mean all these 15$ arcade planes with lowest cockpit quality laughing at you like they came straight out of FSX times and with FS2004 stock gauges.

The Cloudmaster cost me 52€ on sale and this dream of a study-level plane is worth every penny :slight_smile:
The well-established PMDG quality since … forever (I don´t know when PMDG was funded) we all love and adore.

I don´t hope that PMDG will ever jump on the arcade and simpleton trash releases bandwagon, because I really don´t like the graphics of shader-less X-Plane and FSX-like Prepar3D but I will be forced to change simulator if this ever happens.
But I know that PMDG would never do such an atrocity like Captain Sim did with their 757 and 777 trying to cater stupid simpleton arcade masses - with the conclusion of only earning hate and flaming YouTube reviews, a decade-lasting good reputation lost with two stupid arcady releases, and selling to no one at the end (except a handful of people who either want their money back, or selling to people who switch the webcam on after the purchase to stream to YouTube “that they have bought the biggest fraud and trash ever!” while showing the Captain Sim planes, and trying to get their money back after streaming…)

I doubt that PMDG would risk losing their superb reputation forever, and the Cloudmaster release already proves that PMDG would never do this. :slight_smile:

I think 69€ would be a good price for a perfect study level plane that brings joy and system depth and interesting flight dynamics and realistic physics and tons of good PDF reading for months.
Expensive - yes, but on the other hand it´s just the same price as a typical day one videogame release purchase, and a great plane like the 737 is only released every few years anyway so no worries about spending too much money too often. And it´s also not over-priced like for example the 140$ Majestic Software Dash8.

Well that didn’t last very long lol

1 Like

Beta testing in August 2021, release expected in September 2021 :smiley: