PMDG DC-6 for Xbox

Can we please get an update from the MS/Asobo team regarding the DC-6 on Xbox?

We are now entering the second week of this issue and still have not received an actual response or updated timeline from MS and/or Asobo. To date the only communication regarding this “Xbox environment” issue has been from PMDG.

Again no one is asking for detailed specifics, a high level summary/update would do. But to continue to stay silent at this point is unacceptable for those who have purchased and are now sitting on a DC-6.

18 Likes

Exactly what I was afraid of. Seriously MS/Asobo what is going on? Now PMDG are calling you out. Please a status update would be greatly appreciated for those who have seemingly wasted money.

5 Likes

Yes, some kind of update would be nice. The more silence from Microsoft/Asobo about this the more it seems you guys have put this on the back burner and gone radio silent about it to prevent mass refund requests.

We know there’s a bunch of broken stuff now that needs fixed, we aren’t asking for special treatment and have this prioritized above all things. We just want an update or at least give PDMG better information so that they may update us with better information.

1 Like

That statement is pretty clear and does not put MS/Asobo in a very good light in the slightest.

3 Likes

Sadly I’m not surprised.
I just last night was looking over assorted planes in the marketplace then I remembered the treatment I’m receiving …
It will be a very long time before I trust MS/Asobo with any more of my money.

dw

3 Likes

Should we also forget they had PMDG on a Live Q&A? So you drum up all this anticipation and then completely go silent the first sign of an issue. I mean what a joke. So disappointed in how this is turning out. And once again it’s like MS/Asobo are happy to run off with our money. Great way to treat your newly minted Xbox simmers and your “partner” PMDG. I’m not even sure what a partner to this sim actually is anymore.

1 Like

I am sure that the lack of communication and embarrassing an important a partner is completely normal and has technical reasons that can happen anytime to anyone in software development because the causing issue got masked by something nobody could have anticipated.

I‘m sorry but bad style is just bad style and nothing else. That they (MS) don’t talk to us is one thing. That they don’t talk to them (PMDG) is telling.

1 Like

Investigation is still ongoing with the platform team, but at this time we do not have anything further to report while they work diligently through this issue. This is an important plane to release on MSFS with PMDG and we want nothing more than to get it back out to Xbox users as soon as possible.

I’ve escalated this to our Marketplace team as well and will update when there is something new to report. Thanks!

10 Likes

Thank you for the response Jayne! Please keep this thread active until resolved as it will be easy to track issues/timelines going forward (I will not mark this response as a solution).

This next comment is not meant for Jayne or really any of the moderators but I think the customer is/will be able to determine exactly how important this plane is to MS/Asobo as well as PMDG, the simulator, and of course the Xbox community. Based on the teams current actions and lack of timely responses to both customers and PMDG I would say it doesn’t look like it’s that important at all to MS/Asobo. You could say almost the opposite of PMDG - just take a look at their customer service and response.

Actions speak louder than words and perceptions can be changed. We’ll see exactly how important this is going forward and it will be painfully obvious based on actions the customer can see. I hope to be proven wrong and that a fix is timely but I have my doubts.

5 Likes

Please see this update:

2 Likes

It is really funny that they pulled DC-6 from marketplace silently 2 days after release.
And after 2 weeks they offer full refund for all Xbox purchases.
It means that they are not able in 2 weeks make functional what they “tested” and pushed to marketplace.

2 Likes

We can kiss the 737 for xbox goodbye then I guess at least for “a few months”

3 Likes

Well I guess it might be time to just move on from this sim on Xbox. Since released in July it’s been constant disappointment, wasted time and money. I mean will any quality 3rd party aircraft even make it to Xbox over the next “few” months. Just so disappointing and completely regret every penny I’ve spent (Airports, scenery, Reno). Feels like a huge waste now.

2 Likes

Yep, that obviously means that all other planes with clickable XBox functionality will be delayed by a few months. But aren’t there some planes with clickable cockpits already out for the XBox (not an X-Box user here)? Wasn’t the problem with the DC-6 simply that they switches weren’t clickable, now I’m confused…

The dc6 problems on xbox are many but the most obvious are that most controls are not clickable and most instruments are frozen.
Yes there are other aircraft in xbox with clickable controls in cockpit.

Ah, ok, so the problems are prolly a lot deeper than I thought…

i guess you were right…

does not work…

I can understand the disappointment, the DC-6 was tested, extensively from what I understand. It’s just that a discrepancy between the testing environment and the live environment came to light. This is apparently a tough one to fix.

1 Like

I think where I most disappointed is there clearly has been an issue for some time now. I can’t think of a single 3rd party aircraft that has worked properly on Xbox. I just don’t think MS/Asobo were listening to Xbox customers or cared enough until it was a partner like PMDG.

2 Likes

Sure, I understand.

I think the issue is more the length of the queue for patches etc to trickle through to the marketplace (goes for both PC and XBox).
There’s apparently a rather sizeable backlog. I think Jorg mentioned in one of the Q&A streams that they are / have been scaling up the team that handles that. Doesn’t seem to have had the desired effect so far though.

1 Like