PMDG DC-6 Major Problem on Xbox

PMDG’s customer service and communication are fantastic. They actually value their customers. Unfortunately they’re having to deal with Microsoft, who are the antithesis of these things.

4 Likes

you are not right. here is an statment from microsoft.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/status-update-for-dc-6-on-xbox/479485/9?u=kuang129693

1 Like

The historical evidence in regard to how quickly Microsoft introduce marketplace updates and fixes in general suggests otherwise, plus they have often remained silent in the past regarding major issues.

I have a semi-open mind here in regard to this being fixed in a timely fashion, but I’m still very sceptical it will be sorted quickly. I do not envisage a fix before the next update in February.

But, time will tell.

1 Like

Then we on the same page… i dont also expect an quickfix. i think we have to wait for the next sim update.

1 Like

Today’s blog update says that a fix for the DC-6 on XBox is still months away.
I understand that delays happen and I’m not upset (btw. I am a PC user and bought the DC6 on the marketplace and have been enjoying it ever since). I’m just curious: I thought the problem is that many switches are not clickable. How can such a minor issue take months to fix? I mean the functionality behid the switches is presumably all there, it is just that the click spots are not recognized, correct? This is really curious…

Edit: and that presumably also means that all other planes with clickable XBox functionality will be delayed by months, correct?

1 Like

Latest update:

1 Like

This is what I’m concerned about… so I guess MS/Asobo have to hope we stick around. Not sure what is keeping me at this point. Essentially we’re being told that in a few months it may be fixed.

…but it will likely take a few more months to achieve that…

and there is less and less trust.
a few months and new bugs and a new few months

Told ya… dont expect a quick fix… please, manage your expectations. This fix will come when they release the next SU.

I think they’re going to find a drop off of Xbox users as they become disinterested and disillusioned with this, as this issue is clearly the reason why other quality aircraft hasn’t made it to the Xbox, not just the DC-6. I did not expect a quick fix myself and thought the next update would be the likely point it would be addressed so my expectations are and were low, but they’re going to lose a lot of people with this. This is an issue they should’ve forseen, in my opinion.

3 Likes

I have seen this mentioned in another post. What is the source of this? An official announcement or something? It seems pretty significant.

Edit.

Nvm.
I notice there are links to a PMDG statement in this very thread. (Probably time for more coffee.)

Have MS/Asobo made any public announcement of this themselves?

They may eventually release an update officially, but my understanding is Asobo do not understand the issue themselves at the moment so they have to dig deep to try and alleviate the root cause of the problem that is somehow masked in the xbox testing environment.

People may drop off and become disillusioned, which would be a shame, but I never thought for a second the transition of a complicated simulator to the xbox platform would be simple and easy. Even with the best of intentions and forward planning and testing.

It’s the Christmas period as well, so, expecting everyone to work even harder over that is a bit dickish. So, we definitely won’t see anything for it until the new year, maybe with the SU dedicated to bug fixes but it might be after that even. It really depends if they can isolate that root cause.

Wait… What? Few more months….

This is not the way to solve a problem by offering your clients a refund. Definitely not.

Will be reluctant to buy anything again from the market place if this is the way you handle things by offering a refund instead of fixing the issue.

3 Likes

This how they solve issues - silence, pullout, refund.

1 Like

I’ve almost ticked off the DC-6. The whole incident just bothers and disappoints me. I will definitely ask for a refund. Especially since other providers were able to bring their no less high-quality aircraft to the market in a functional manner. and in the months up to the dc-6, if at all, you can fall in love with other “daughters”. True to an old saying “other mothers also have beautiful daughters!”

3 Likes

Then you know more then us - what is the other highly study level plane for xbox ?

1 Like

I’m honestly curious what other plane released on Xbox is similar in complexity to the DC-6?

1 Like

Quite worrying for sure on what the future of the sim on Xbox will look like or if they are just going to say “sorry, nothing we can do” and we are stuck with a base sim. Not to bash the base sim but I think we are all expecting new and better aircraft. It’s not looking good but the lack of communication also means that maybe one day a solution could just randomly appear.

1 Like

I’m pretty new to the game though a 100 hours are now made

I’m in total love with the sim but now I’d like to get the hands on something more on the study level side (I’d die for the a320nx) regarding bigger planes (the cessna 172 and other nxi garmin planes works like a wonder)

I’m a bit confused and scared reading about this plane and fixes far away for people who bought the plane; adding to this the crj announcement on the xbox, no real safe purchases on marketplace (doing some research here and on reddit on planes available on xbox i got a picture of unreliability basically on the vast majority of them)

i really hope most of the issues on avionics (like no constraints on a320 which is driving me nuts) and planes comes from a young porting to xbox and get fixed soon

stay safe

1 Like

I stopped my flightsimming hobby after so many years because of this and other big disappointments with this plattform. Im angry and sad.

1 Like