PMDG DC6 finally coming to the Marketplace

According to PMDG the DC6 is finally coming to the marketplace, good news for those who were waiting!
“This update was ready a few weeks ago, but we were chasing our tail on a few other items that we have determined will require corrections within the MSFS platform itself and thus there was no reason to keep holding these three items. This bring the DC-6 up to a state where we feel it is ready to go into the MSFS Marketplace and we will (we hope?) hand that off to Microsoft - so good news for folks that have been waiting for that avenue to open.”

6 Likes

So if they submit it to the marketplace now it should be there somewhere in october/november? :laughing:
On a serious note, i really hope asobo will sort this out. Delays are not acceptable. PMDG and many other developers are trusted enough by everyone.

1 Like

I wonder why PMDG doesn’t make Airbus… I love PMDG quality products… but none of the aircrafts they offer interests me…

2 Likes

They can’t do everything.

Airbus is coming from FenixSimulations

2 Likes

Very nice… hopefullly also for Xbox User… cant wait to discover the world with this nice plane.

3 Likes

Yeah… an A320ceo… an outdated aircraft which is already replaced by the current generation A320neo, that we already have with the default sim and the FBW A32NX.

Where’s the study level A350-900ULR? Or the A330-900neo? The A380? you know, aircraft classes that the market hasn’t been filled.

1 Like

There is a spanish team working with FBW to make a freeware A340, they have mostly completed the modeling of the whole plane, and are working on textures and systems afaik, so we might see some good quality addons on that part.

Otherwise, I believe a payware a350 was being made and FBW will soon post an update of their A380.

We have plenty of airbus coming!

2 Likes

Yeah, I know of the Digital Flight Dynamics freeware A350 and Sim4Flight payware A350. But I haven’t heard any updates from the latter in months, that I’m starting to think the project is abandoned due to the lack of resources… I know there was another team working on the A350 that couldn’t continue and the assets were given to the DFD team for them to use in their freeware. It’s nice, but it does seem ominous when you compared to how the A32NX team is doing when it comes to releases. But to be fair the FBW team does have a huge resources supporting them and the base A320neo that they’re leveraging on is basically ready since launch for them to use and improve.

And while yes, it’s understandable that the A350 needs to be build from scratch. I guess from where I’m sitting, “something basic” is still better than waiting for something to be complete. I mean, I probably won’t use anything like full Hydraulic or electrical systems simulation. So it just doesn’t feel nice that I have to wait for something that I’ll never really going to use to be finished building before we get them.

Maybe I’m just have a different preference. Some people rather wait for a complete product to be released before they use it. But I’m the kind of person who prefers to have “something” even if it’s very basic that I can use now, and let them work on improving it to make it more complex and realistic as we go along. I really don’t mind having the same basic A320 systems with the default Autopilot systems with an A350 skin both outside and inside the cockpit, and just adjusting the flight model appropriately, and just release that as a freeware A350 that we can fly right away. Then as we go along, we can have feedbacks, and improvements, or even split the project that the more realistic version of the aircraft will be payware. But at least we have a basic working A350 that we can fly now.

The A340 could be something nice. And I might give it a try, but since that’s also an out-of-production model. I probably wouldn’t fly that often.

I guess because quality over quantity.

2 Likes

The CEO is still in operation, more so than the NEO I think at the moment in regards to the A320. Also the CEO has very slight differences that will shine in a study level plane.

1. Such example is the engines on the CEO spool up much faster.

But I do agree, we need some study level long haulers ASAP. But where I differ is, I feel they need to be done correctly, You cant have an A350 with A320 avionics. That no good, its so different.

Here is an A350 Pit in X-Plane

Its not the best shot I have, but its miles different. If you truly dont care for the cockpit the CS 777 is good no?

While PMDG is trusted, no dev should skip the content integrity checks.

Even PMDG can make a mistake where it causes the entire sim to crash when using their marketplace version of content.

And not to mention other “trusted” developpers probably getting quite annoyed that they do have to wait. Besides it doesn’t take that long…

What do you think such posts will achieve?

If PMDG have said no, it means no. Someone else has to do it. Maybe you even start doing it yourself?

From what I know PMDG has a licensing agreement with Boeing which allows them to see blueprints and technical info. They probably don’t even work with Airbus. The whole question to PMDG is probably a complete waste of time.

I know 3 developers of airbus, Toliss and Flight Factor and so far it seems they have not said anything about doing planes for MSFS at all. There is also inibuilds but they seem to be disinterested too because they just released their first products on XPlane. Just Flight and Aerosoft may fill a gap but they may not be the kind of study level you expect.

So you must either search your sould if you are able to denigrate yourself and fly a 320CEO or if someone else will do the A320neo. I hope you have a lot of time too, until 2023 or 2024.

3 Likes

Does this mean Xbox too?

I have no insider information but I would think it comes to XBox.

I believe there were some posts that the DC-6 is coming to XBox in fall, so the 737 may come after that too.

thanks Hugothester for the info

I read through that info and to me it sounds like the 737 is still a bit off, and they are not completely happy with the control they have over the release right now. But they can’t wait to show screenshots or videos in September and they are going to look awesome.

It could mean there is going to be exciting stuff in ca 4 weeks but it’s still a bit early to start counting days and hit the F5 button.

1 Like

Takes out wallet and throws money at the TV

I just want one airliner with decent systems integration that doesn’t lose avionics randomly at this point…

Those “decent systems” take time, a lot of time.

We have all been waiting for a year now but it seems the day isn’t very far out.

I hope you consider the DC-6 because it is an airliner too, and it will probably be the firstest on the XBox.

Of course… I completely agree with that. But I’m just coming from a perspective that a inaccurate “something” is still better than nothing. So I really don’t mind if I fly an A350 with A320 avionics “for now” as long as there’s progress to regularly update it give the proper A350 avionics gradually until we get into a proper one. Similar to FBW A32NX mod, right? It’s still far from the study level that Fenix would have, but for me it’s still better than not having to fly it at all. And the regular updates they keep giving is good for my perspective because there’s always something new to learn practically everyday to make it more accurate.

Well I wouldn’t really care about CS 777 since I’m not that interested in flying Boeing at all. That’s why as much as I praise PMDG and their quality products, I’m not interested in flying them at all simply because Boeing aircraft just doesn’t interest me.

And it’s great that PMDG has access to them. And I guess we can only wait for Toliss and Flight Factor to make a proper airbus for MSFS (eventually, whenever that would be). But after 1 year in with MSFS, I don’t really expect a study level A350 for now, but at least something with the same quality and accuracy of the current FBW A32NX for the A320neo, and I’ll be happy. It just feels boring so far, which makes me want to take a break from MSFS to play something else until any decent A350 comes. That’s all. So yeah, I’ll wait until something comes.

Awesome news! Have been holding out to buy this once it appears on the marketplace…

So asobo jerks developers like pmdg and aerosoft and just flight around with updates and releases for the marketplace, making them fix bugs and doing some quality control, yet they allow Bredok3d and others like them to sell half pirated, half functioning Frankenstein models on their marketplace, with bugs that won’t ever be fixed. Asobo has some strange priorities…

2 Likes