PMDG postpones 737NG3 to Q3 2021

I hope this is not the case. Quality Freeware attracts more people to the sim. And more people means more customers. So it is good for MS/Asobo, Aerosoft, 3rd party and customers.

I would wager its more to do with the fact FBW is an array of people and by that nature makes it much more difficult, unlike with a single person, or corporate entity with employees and legal structure, and maybe FBW donā€™t want to jump through the hoops the others have, going by the whinging post by one of the FBW people.

Actually how many PROGRAMMERS Asobo have ? 10? 12 ? Or maybe one? two?

ASOBO by the way mean ā€œLetā€™s play the gameā€¦ā€ā€™

That will be an increase in price for the 737 now lol :joy:

They already published open slot for this earlier https://www.asobostudio.com/careers/tools-programmer-mfs-237

Hereā€™s some news on PMGD 737 and 777 for FS2020. https://www.simflight.com/2020/09/27/pmdg-development-update-p3d-and-msfs/

There is a 787 in the background! Thats their next projectā€¦ !!

Hell, youā€™re actually rightā€¦

Heck looking at Asoboā€™s road map, Iā€™d wait as well. For the next few months it says work on SDK. Developing anything big now would be foolish.

You are right, but we might not be able to see the big picture here. Iā€™ve seen some hints that the add-on market got a hit on sales since the announcement of MSFS.

So, 3rd party developers need cash flow to keep the development alive. Some of might not have the option to wait and see.

I donā€™t view it as being ā€œstuckā€ with the A320NX but rather very fortunate that FlyByWire is committed and producing something with great value in order to help us enjoy this sim with a good airliner experience.

3 Likes

Well it (msfs} donā€™t need some overpriced pmdg plane thatā€™s for sure rehash is all iā€™m saying. there are better aircraft if they would bring it to the sim and a lot cheaper .

PMDG released a new statement today:

ā€œPMDG 737NG3 for MSFS: We still expect this product to be 12+ months away based upon the condition and trajectory of MSFSā€

Joke of a developer these days.

1 Like

PMDG have made good products but maybe they took on more than they could handle as each P3D major update takes them several months to bring them back up to required compatibility again. They hint at a new product in the making (MD-11 rebirth methinks) and they seem totally overreaching then. Many people who bought the new 737 with the expectation it would be available ā€˜shortly after the release of MSFSā€™ are gonna be a bit ticked off about it. It seemed as if it would be available within 6 months of the sim releasing. But at that stage they didnā€™t know it would be released with uncompleted tools and SDK. Its a messy world, this flightsim development business.

1 Like

Tell me more. What are the alternatives at that level that you donā€™t consider to be a joke

1 Like

Have the conspiracies over a 787 subsided after they ā€œaccidentallyā€ left one in the marketing pictures from a month or so ago?

Its a joke if you see how freeware people are re-developing the A320 ā€¦ with the same crappy SDK in a few weeks. Building functions from scratch !!

3 Likes

I didnā€™t know that happened but that would be a nice decoy! Iā€™m basing my MD11 guess from Robā€™s words in his 26 Sept post ā€˜ā€¦that you have always asked us to createā€¦ā€™ and as its for P3D and many times itā€™s been asked to port the FSX version over, well (a very long) time will tell!

Please finally let the MD11 go, it will never again have a PMDG logo on it. TFDI develop a new eleven and thatā€˜s it.