PMS 50 GTN 750 not reporting your correct position on approach

MSFS CESSNA 310 MILVIZ: Asobo GNS530 vs PMS50 GTN750 (free version)

I’d like to make an observation on an avionics glitch to see if any have experienced same.

Because I was a Carenado plane enthusiast, I always kept the pms50 gt750(free version) available in the community folder to use as an alternate. I also use it in the Cessna Milviz 310 and have found that all functions work well.
Except, that the pms50 free version approach button does not work on all msfs Milviz liveries. If I switch back to the original Asobo gns530 and run the same flight plan, the button does work with all liveries supplied.
Also note that if I add a Flightsimto livery to the plane in the community folder along with the pms50 free version while using the pms50 during the flight, the approach button on the free version does not work, but the approach button while using the Asobo gns530 will work with any livery from msfs or Flightsimto site.
Nothing else is in the community folder.

Update 051223 10:20PM
After more testing between the two avionics, it turns out that it is an airport specific glitch. I did approaches to airports in my usual area with the pms50 gtn750. Everything worked fine.
Today I do a flight from KMGC to KORD, runway 28R using pms50 gtn750, as I passed between waypoints ADAME and WILLT, I press the approach button and it does not accept…nothing happens, GS does not appear. Being ready for this, I quickly paused the flight and switched over to the Asobo GNS530. It showed me on the screen in a different spot which was between waypoints WAVIE and ADAME, the leg before approach should be pressed. That is why the glide slope is not working at some airports. The PMS50 GTN750 is showing you in the wrong area in space, but not at all airports. I hope I wrote this in the correct discussion.

Post moved from General Discussion.

1 Like

Thank you for your help

1 Like

Strongly suggest you get some comparison screenshots to illustrate the problem. Lots of ways to get a screenshot, but the ‘snip’ tool will allow you to focus on the avionics screens.

I’m doing that now…thanks

This was approach to KLAL RWY 28 position between GILDE and ECADE
pic 1 approach button did not work on the pmc50 gtn750, so I paused the flight.

And switched to Asobo GNS 530 and the approach button captured GP

In this pic shows the decent

This is the plane I was in.

just got the pms 750(premium) - but can’t seem to get traffic (TCAS) to display anything - should this function work within MSFS or does it need some setup? (running it with FS traffic)

Until they check and remove bugs, I have removed that from all my aircraft. Things don’t show up and when it does not pick up the glide slope, I have to pause it and change back to the standard avionics on the tablet, then the glide path catches. Definitely bugged!

How about a video, showing what seems to be bugged, with an audio commentary describing exactly what appears to be wrong.
Does not have to be a Spielberg Production, just a crude video capture of that is wrong, (no editing or fancy effects edited in- unless you know how to do that easily !!)

• Picture is worth 1000 words
  • Video is worth 1000 pictures

It does the same thing in Cessna 310, Beaver, Embraer 110…etc. I’ve already posted a lengthy ordeal with no real notice. It’s simple…this isn’t my first rodeo, I’ve been pushing APPR buttons for years IRL and Sim. When I have the pms 50 freebee installed and the APPR doesn’t work, I pause the plane in flight, switch back to gns530 and that one works when I unpause the plane. You don’t need a movie for that. I just don’t use it anymore. If I check at some time and the version number changes, I might try it again.
:wink:

Why not report this on Marc’s Discord?

Who is Marc?

Pierre Marc is the sole proprietor of the PMS50 business, maker of the PMS GTN750.

Oh, ok. Didn’t know his name.

If you have an issue, please report it to our support with details on how to reproduce it before concluding that the product is bugged.
We have tens of thousands of installations and if this didn’t work we would also have hundreds of thousands of support cases. We have not noticed any problem on our side with the activation of the approach. The C310 is one of our main test aircraft. We are using and testing it every day.
Be sure to have the latest release and to have installed the additonal WTT package for your aircraft if available (it is for the C310). Update the WT GNS530 package from the marketplace if you have an old version.

2 Likes

I understand your position. Non the less, I am also sure there are many cases like mine that you just have not encountered yet. Then I’ll say it’s just bugged for me and just didn’t feeling like dealing with it ATM. Will call it locally bugged then…not your fault. No worries.
Thanks. :wink: :100:

Unless you make the effort to give enough detail, so the Dev can attempt to reproduce your unique situation, how can you expect any help in this matter.
If the Dev is going to spend time trying to help you, (FOR FREE) the least you can do is to spend a little time yourself, to provide them the information so they can try to reproduce your issue.

2 Likes

Further to a post by mac2244 above can anyone confirm that TCAS is actually working in MSFS 2020 with the premium/paid version of the PMS GTN 750?

I am posting as an interested/potential buyer and as someone who would find this useful.

https://pms50.com/msfs/

TCAS: Premium only

1 Like

The Premium PMS50 GNS750 is the best PLANE Instrument Bang-for-your-Buck addon for MSFS, as it can be used with EVERY plane, and on Every flight.

(May need to use the menu Pull down , in planes that do not support the GNS750 in their cockpit panel)

If in doubt, I believe there is an option for a Free Trial, that limits it;s operation on e specific day of the week

https://pms50.com/msfs/free-premium-test/

1 Like