PMS50 GNS530 mod

Well, would be, if the Link to the patch worked !!! (sigh) … its goes from bad to crazy !!

I mean, I don’t get why you are picking a fight with me. I am all for realism, but I see this as a really minor gripe. I feel that what they have done is great to improve the aircraft and I only wish more 3rd party aircraft was on their level. What this comes down to is a nuisance of having to use the manual switch versus clicking the CDI on the GTN unit. If THIS little thing provides me with more configurable avionics choices, I can live with that. This whole “I paid good money for” argument is misplaced - I believe the aircraft delivers HUNDREDS of hours of pretty high-fidelity GA simulation that no other 3rd party GA aircraft can currently provide. I think the money spent was well-justified.

1 Like

100% agree … but if something is wrong, and is not brought to the developer’s attention, then it stands no chance of getting corrected.

This forum affords users the opportunity to discuss what they feel is wrong with a product, and to confirm that it is really is wrong (as opposed to operator error), before presenting the issue to the developer.

I am only responding to what others have already discovered to be wrong and are currently discussing.

1 Like

All good… I suppose what’s a “minor cosmetic thing” to me is a little more to someone else. I DO wholeheartedly agree that constructive criticism is what keeps these developers on their toes and helps to minimize the junk products with no support. I am just thankful that JF is one of the best so far.

1 Like

You are familiar with INOP stickers, right ?

Remember, many of us are using Hardware Addons forming a Home Cockpit, so to those people, where they have hardware controlling the Sim, for functions of , (in this case) the Garmin GPS, this “cosmetic switch” on the panel is conflicting with the Hardware GPS’s functionality.

But JF seem to be addressing it – if only they could post a “working” link to the update file :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s a good point - I only use a Thrustmaster stick, so those considerations aren’t even a THING for me. :wink:

1 Like

What do you think ? I am also familiar with RL aircraft retrofits and updates, and if the Plane was being updated to the GTN750, the installer would defiantly REMOVE that switch, and replace it with a filler.

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not. Unused switches are not always removed from aircraft - guess some pilots think they can cope with them being left there.

Personally as I said earlier I’m all for JF leaving the switch there and just disabling it.

A switch left behind, that no longer serves a purpose, for idle fingers to flip?

Of course the difference in the sim is you can flip between avionics at a whim, at least in one aircraft. Redundant switches would be removed, I’m sure.

1 Like

I have seen inop switches in a real aircraft before.

I assume they have left them in case later on they modify the plane again and add NOH injection or Fog Lights or something and need a switch :smiley:

I have no issues with the switch remaining, though it would have been nice to have the option to keep the GTN750/G100 combo as you can set the g100 to show things that do not fit on the GTN750. For example in my case I repurposed one of the default fields to show Wind Direction, if I still had the G100 I could throw the missing info over on to that.

Well, maybe JF will add more configuration options later – one lives in hope.

We are four people who often fly together four hours. But after the 1.15.8.0 patch we experience a lot of CTD’s. All four of us. After we cleared the comminity folder the CTD’s stops.

After a lot of testing we are now flying with the community folder full, with around 40-50 custom airports. Except this mod that we don’t have installed anymore and we do not have any CTD’s.

Our CTD’s seemes to be related to this mod. It can still of course be a coincidence, but it does not seem so.

Any one else has this experience? We really love this mod and want to use it.

+1
same problem

+1 same problem e same solution, remove 530 and 750 mod

Thanks for this feedback.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t really help if you don’t provide further information about the conditions of the CTDs.
Maybe if you give us this information, we will be able to try to reproduce the conditions of a CTD an so, to fix an eventual bug or to provide a workaround.
Please see GitHub - pimarc/pms50-gns530: Flight simulator 2020 GNS530 Mod

1 Like

Ah, too bad. I just found this mod and now it’s unusable… Bummer. Would be perfect to complement my VR Control Box project

• 1000+ hours for the developer to develop the GNS530

• A few minutes for a user to dismiss it and give up on it.

Good thing the developer did not give up so easily.

4 Likes

I would suggest that if a mod really would be that useful then it’s worth the effort to actually try it yourself, rather than just rely on the word of a couple of random internet people…

3 Likes

4 people, plus two others confirmed - it’s convincing enough not to try it, yet. Does it work for you, with the last update and without CTDs? I’m not giving up on anything, I will happily try it and use it and say “thank you” once it’s known to work. As a matter of fact, I will say “thank you” right now - for the much needed effort. Thank you. Developer deserves thumbs up regardless. Believe me I know how MSFS breaks things with each new update, that’s not the developer’s fault…

Right now I’m testing my own project, and working on other things, besides actual work, so I have no time for doing testing of other projects that are known to cause problems, but that doesn’t say anything bad about either me or this project. Best of luck, once it’s working again I will use it with pleasure. Garmin units certainly need some love :slight_smile: