PMS50 GNS530 mod

I make a FLP in the menus with a departure a personalised point an arrival, then enter in the cabin. When I try to activate any leg, it doesn’t respond, sometimes the route over the map disappears…and the points in the FLP page don’t show any information, distances…

Yes there are some issues with custom WP but this is at sim level.
The first issue is from SU5, they added a waypoint TIMECLI that produces many issues. I don’t know why they added that.
Second issue concerns activate leg for a custom waypoint. This works only if the waypoint ident has max 5 characters. But when you define them in the world map they name it “custom” so 6 characters.
What you can do: use LNM for defining your flight plan and export it to a pln file. You can define custom waypoints. Then use the GTN750 (ex as panel) to import the pln file. The GTN750 sets the correct length for ident.
I think all that works better if the first enroute Wp is a valid ICAO one.
These are sim bugs.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :sob:

sigh

It hurts…

1 Like

I’m assuming this is a sim bug…

I was just flying around, and building a flight plan on the fly… started out with a leg I entered after I took off KASH - KLCI

I kept adding airports to the list and flying over them (up and around the White Mountains in NH)… On the way home I added KLCI again (about the 10th or so airport), when I did that, the GPS switched my current leg to leg 1… I was nearly home, so no big deal, and, I get it, it’s a “duplicate” waypoint…

NEW RELEASE 1.0.37

Change log:

• Display OBS angle in CDI if OBS active
  • bugfix: images not displayed or flicking in nearest pages
  • bugfix: the from/to arrow in CDI was flicking or was not displayed
  • bugfix: direcTo an approach waypoint removes the flight plan when reaching the target

Get it on GitHub - pimarc/pms50-gns530: Flight simulator 2020 GNS530 Mod

7 Likes

I have been having nothing but trouble using the GPS tracking on the Just Flight Piper Arrow with the GNS530 selected. A fix was to use IFR low altitude such as EGNR to EGNH which worked perfectly two days ago. It will now not track the purple line on the map at all.
I have tried creating a flight plan from the cockpit too.
The same route does work as expected with the Cessna 172 G1000 and even the ILS approach.
Could someone give me an aircraft using the GNS530 and a flight plan that they know does work correctly at the moment and I will use that to test it.

FWIW, whatever was patched the other day seems to have addressed the issue. Thanks!

I’ve been flying all over the northeast in the JF Warrior, from KASH to KBED, or KASH to KLCI and elsewhere. All in the latest rev of both the Warrior (2 I think) and .37 of the GNS530.

I’ve only been going to fpl, entering my plan when I fire the bird up, and it flies fine. I had an issue loading a procedure for KBED this afternoon, but that was on me :roll_eyes: So, I’m assuming if I’d used the write knob turns it would have worked properly. But I entered it just fine on the way, and then activated it, and it worked great.

Thank you.
You enter your start and destination in the World map, go to the GPS.?
Do you delete these two points on the GPS530 by deleting the flight plan and enter them manually along with other waypoints .?
I am back to basics here as I didn’t know you could get to the cockpit with nothing in the GPS.
I am aware that false waypoints are appearing such as TIMECLI and TIMEAPP at the moment.

TMECLI and TIMEAPP are waypoints added by Asobo fom SU5 for VFR flights. This often breaks things and you cannot remove them.

I don’t have them turned on but I was watching a stream where a user had the waypoints displayed in the world. TIMECLI was displayed in full as TIMECLIMB. I never saw it but I would assume TIMEAPP would be TIMEAPPROACH.

1 Like

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear.

IOW, no, I’ve been creating my flight plan for the flight inside the plane. My only waypoints have been airports, which I entered as I sat in the plane, on the GPS, as well as selecting the approaches I needed to land which I loaded and activated from the GPS. So, just like I would do on a real flight.

So, for example, I would start up the plane, GPS on, go to the FPL function of the GNS530, enter my starting airport (where I’m sitting), then my destination airport. A few times I have chosen a couple of airports along the way as waypoints to fly over.

So one example flight plan was:

KASH - KBED, Load ILS 29 approach, activate ILS 29 approach at the appropriate time.

I’ve been having so many issues with ATC, I didn’t bother to use ATC, I just flew the flight plan myself. I understand some of those ATC issues have been fixed, but I didn’t feel like testing that yesterday. Technically, I was practicing an IFR flight plan.

Another flight plan I’ve entered, VFR, is

KASH - KCON - KLCI

Each time, the correct leg turned magenta as I passed over the waypoint. That’s what you asked for, correct? Flight plans that work?

I have not yet come across the TIMECLI or TIMEAPP waypoints.

I’ve seen TIMECLI from the very simplest plan loaded via the map screen, with just a destination & arrival direct, even on the un-modded 530.

Thank you very much , yes that is what I asked for , simulated this and it worked as you described correctly. At least I know it is something with the UK selection I am making at the moment.

1 Like

Does anyone know the purpose behind adding that insanity? As in… why did we need more random things that don’t exist? There has to be a reason why they thought this was needed.

I’m imagining it’s a function that’s not finished yet. Probably with a ton of dependencies so it needed to be released as is. We’re probably seeing something that is normally done behind the scenes, and hidden from us.

It may well be an assistance feature that has accidentally been exposed to the GPS.

1 Like

My thoughts are it is somehow related to attempts to fix VNAV,

Maybe top of climb and top of descent indicators?

1 Like

That’s my assumption, and we shouldn’t be seeing them in the GPS. I don’t have those POI indicators turned on, the ones that highlight airports, or other such locations, and I think they appear if you have one of those helpers turned on. Perhaps the sign of a new feature that still needs some work?