PMS50 GNS530 mod

LOL, I figured out that much, but it doesn’t look like the King Air to me. Then again I have next to no time in that b1rd, I want to like it but I just can’t with the default version. Maybe someone will come out with a good study level version of it.

Kev

It’s either the Embraer I’m thinking or the new Otter that’s supposed to be released soon?
I don’t know of any other twin engine turboprops.

Edit: It’s not the Nextgen Embraer or the Aerosoft Otter… Apparently we just got a sneak peak? Looks nice.

ATR?

I can’t figure it out, there’s not many aircraft without a center post on the windshield. It looks like a pretty wide cockpit.

I want to say it’s a Piaggio, but, it’s not right on the warning lights, but, perhaps there’s a model like that, it’s close.

Looks like a Piper Cheyenne. Probably another Carenado port on its way? Looks great.

It’s definitely a Piper.

4X-AVV is actually an early Seneca so that is irrelevant.

Does look a bit like a Seneca V cockpit but the Seneca V is turbocharged but not a turbo prop.

Cheyenne might indeed be a good match if it is definitely a Turbo prop.

Carenado’s Piper Seneca. A very enjoyable aircraft.

You’re right, it’s Carenado Seneca V. 4X-AVV is a Seneca II but there’s only Seneca V available so it’s the closest I can get.

2 Likes

Ah … someone tricked them by saying “turbo prop” as the Seneca V is actually a turbocharged piston twin not a turbo prop :smiley: Thought it looked like the Seneca V .

3 Likes

Can you explain again I can’t understand what you mean aren’t they the same ?

Look at the green up arrow (solid green triangle) right below the waypoints text (HADAS → MORIA) in the 530 and right above the waypoints text in the 430. First is off center to the left while the second is off center to the right

3 Likes

Saw “somehwere” recently in a Post that PMS50 said this is a recent know issue, and will be fixed (in next update ? )

Thank you…I thought it was opposite meaning 180 degrees .

Why is the plane symbol in the centre of the map? Shouldn’t it be at the bottom? See the picture from the GNS530 manual:

Sim:

Manual:

2 Likes

Good catch

I believe you’re right. TurboCHARGED engines have TIT, turboPROPS have ITT. I thought it said ITT, but I was wrong. Not the fastest thing in the world though, based on the ASI, but depending on how high a normal cruise would be… who knows. Obviously the higher you go, the lower your indicated airspeed, so maybe it doesn’t need “all that”.

Kev

EDIT: If it IS Carenado, they are probably not getting my money no matter how nice the plane might be. They have consistently just blown off VR users by refusing to make their planes compatible, and lied to me for MONTHS saying “it’s coming” and, as far as I know, it’s still not here. The irony is their first twin they did it perfectly for VR users. But everything before and after has been a no-go for VR. Shame really, but I do not like being lied to. I pride myself on never lying to a customer, even if it means losing business, clearly they lack those same ethics.

1 Like

If I have learned anything from Carenado it is that once the plane is released you shouldn’t expect any updates. Even if you file a bug report and they say they will fix it 99% of the time they will never address it. Their planes look nice but often are riddled with bugs which can even prevent them from being flown as per the POH.

If you just like pretty planes I guess Carenado planes would be OK but if you want proper support and realism definitely steer clear from Carenado.

1 Like

Quite a few posts in this thread recently got flagged for being “off topic”.
Out of courtesy for others please take discussions not related to this mod to either a new thread or a private message.
Thanks!

Yes, this is a bug after SU5. Also some issues in the second map page. Will be fixed in next release.

1 Like

Just curious:
Fixed in Next release -

(1) Fixed in SU6, (Reliant on Asobo to fix)
or
(2) Fixed within the GNS530 by a work around (Reliant on PMS50 to fix)

I know which one I have the most confidence in happening :wink:

This is our bug but because something has changed in SU5.
I will fix it in the next GNS530 release (coming soon).

3 Likes