PMS50 GNS530 mod

By chance do you know if they’re going to add a keyboard click spot so that the user can enter waypoints via keyboard rather than through twisting knobs?

WT said they are adding this, via Discord.

1 Like

The current version of the GNS530 mod seems to be compatible with SU10.

4 Likes

Confirmed … :+1:

We have just noticed that the CDI button is not working with the C172 classic.
This will be fixed in the next version.

3 Likes

Ha, those forums are great. Just noticed this problem with the C172. Searched the forum and found the answer…

1 Like

@ We have just noticed that the CDI button is not working with the C172 classic

Is this somehow connected with problewms in Air Manager described on link bellow. I’m using moded gns530 and stable version of msfs.

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6136

I don’t think this is linked to Air Manager issue.

I am having trouble with the GPS (with mod) not loading the full approach. Is this a known issue? Example KEWB RNAV 14 selecting IF/IAF CIRR. GPS loads the approach without the IAF of CIRR. It sets the first waypoint as ODOMY which is the FAF.

Without the mod the approach doesnt load at all! Thanks for the effort on the mod!

Some MSFS approaches do not seem to load correctly, and get wrong IAF or FAF,

Rnav 01 into KDCA is one that I use for testing, — and that does load and run correctly, :+1:

It may well be a MSFS Nav Database error, as opposed to a GNS530 issue.

1 Like

Came here to check about approaches.

I have installed the mod just a few days ago, tried yesterday to do a RNAV in Alaska and at the IAF the whole leg disappeared and the airplane just started to fly straight.

Now at an expert of GPS Approaches as I rather do VOR / NDB in the sim, however I think that there must be an bug somewhere, after that it did not let me select any approach, I had to delete the flight plan, then again the same thing happened as the plane reached the IAF.

I know WT is also working the their own mod, after pretty much having fixed the useless default G1000 unit.

Did you “Activate” the approach? Unlike the stock GNS530 which includes the approach in the flight plan, the GNS530 mod has the approach separated and when you are ready to transition from your flight to the approach, you have to actually activate it.

1 Like

Yep I did activate it as I changed destination on the go, added new airport > selected approach and activated it right away as I was not far from the IAF.

However I tried only with that flight on the Seneca V, and was my first flight with it, will give it a go again this week, after all if it works for other people no reasons it should not for me :slight_smile:

Be sure to always have an origin and a destination in your flight plan.
Direct To an airport may remove your flight plan (sim issue).

1 Like

One of* :smiley:

Then it was the case, I did not have a flight plan, I was just testing the Seneca after purchase and the mod after installing it, thank you for pointing out this yet another bug in MSFS basics…

Hello everyone! I just installed this mod and for some reason it barely works. For example, map zoom doesn’t work. I click with my mouse on the 530’s range button while being in the cockpit and no result.
I try to setup a destination, but the Enter button doesn’t work. Basically it’s impossible to use. Can anyone help, what is wrong?
I’m familiar with Asobo’s default gns530, so I know how it works.
I have Deluxe edition with sim9. No mods.

Try download it again, have you downloaded the latest version from github? It is the same for us all so it should work just fine, used it on a number of aircraft and, as with any WT product, make that rubbish and underdeveloped and totally arcade Asobo nonsense irrelevant.

Also, do you use an addon linker?

1 Like

Nope, from flightsim.to. Will try github, thanks

No, I just put the mod into the Community folder

Here we go… on the same very page there is a link in the description that specify to download from the link :slight_smile: else you have a non working version.

Also check out their 750 (they have a freeware version and paid for version too).

The 530 mod is a MUST, the default is horrible and arcade at best, this works quite well and never had any issue with third parties aircraft I own.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve had this issue with the Just Flight Warrior, and in my case it’s not the 530 at all, it’s the aircraft. The only solution I’ve found is hitting ESC and restarting the flight. I don’t know if it’s the same issue as yours, but the symptoms sound exactly the same.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Now it works! It is so much better than that default Asobo’s Garmin. I absolutely love it!

Do I need to use an official Garmin manual or there is a specific manual for this mod?