PMS50 GNS530 mod

I don’t X out MSFS. I always exit it via menus. The only exception is if I get a CTD. The channel spacing settings have never saved for me. Since I started using this mod since it was launched, my first step is ALWAYS to go in and set channel spacing to 25kHz.

Now, when I go into the AUX chapter and see the spacing, is SAYS it’s 25kHz. But I still need to go select it and manually select it, or the radio will tune 8.33 kHz, even though the options says it’s 25kHz. And it’s always been that way for me.

Is it possible they don’t save automatically, but you have to set them in the setting in the user options file?

Where would this config file be? I know of the one config.json file where we enter our token to get the METAR service and toggle other options like weather radar and such, but there’s no mention of radio frequency spacing in that file I’m aware of.

I can confirm that channel spacing is saved automatically between sessions.
There is nothing to set in the config file.
Do you have the latest version installed (1.0.27)?
Do you have some other MODs or liveries installed?

The thing is that if I go to the AUX chapter in the GNS and look at my actual spacing, it will say 25kHz, but the actual spacing if I try to use the radio will be 8.33 kHz unless I go in and manually change it.

The GNS430, however, always shows the default of 8.33 onloading a new flight, even if the 530 shows 25. And both will tune at 8.33 spacing in the C172.

I do have the latest version. And I indeed have several mods and a few liveries. I’ll try again with all mods and liveries removed to see if it makes a difference. I just know it’s been like this for me from the start. I’ve always had to go in to manually change it to 25kHz before a flight.

First try without the liveries.
Some of them may not set the com correctly.

I’ll try that and see how it works.

It never really bothered me in the past because I’d always just punched my frequencies in using the keypad on my Stream Deck. It was much like using the keypad on the G3000. I’ve since moved on to using Air Manager + Knobster for my input for a more realistic experience. Now that spacing issue is really bugging me.

It seems to be the livery I’m using for the C172. It will default to 8.33 kHz when I load in with the 3rd party livery, but shows a 25kHz spacing when I load in with the default livery.

Each GPS is associated to a com index (1 or 2).
Some livery providers do not set correctly these indexes.
For the cessna, the 530 has com index 1 and the 430 com index 2

If you have liveries for the C-172 Classic, make sure they are using both the panel.cfg and panel.xml files from the Aviator livery, and that the files are both in the layout.json for the livery.

Without that, the two radios won’t work correctly.

1 Like

Hey, that worked!

Turns out the livery I was using (my favourite for that plane I’ve been using forever) didn’t have panel.xml AT ALL, and the panel.cfg that was included was improperly referenced in manifest.json.

I copied the 2 files from the Aviator’s Club livery, and then added the proper entries for them in the manifest by copying / pasting from the AC livery’s manifest then updating the path to the correct location.

Now it works. Loaded in, to a default 8.33. I set the radio to 25kHz, canceled my flight, went back in, and it saved the 25kHz.

Thank you for the info!

3 Likes

Who knew a livery would affect the radios. :woman_shrugging:

Yeah, no kidding. I really thought this was something just not in the GNS mod. I love absolutely everything about this mod. That was the only thing that irked me, and turns out it wasn’t even a fault of the mod.

A livery was the last thing I would have thought of as being an issue.

When using the mod v1.0.27 after the last update, the radio stack stays dark,
even though the buttons respond (VLOC/GPS button for instance).

@easyF0X, I have noticed that as well occasionally. Sometimes going back to the main menu and starting the flight over resolves the problem, others requires a reboot of the PC. I am wondering if the order of the \pms50-gns530 directory in the community folder has something to do with it.

Are you sure you have not installed the sources from GitHub instead of the release?
Please check the install procedure in the documentation.

GNS530 Mod documentation

Have you found someone to help you with it? I have the Steam 172 from the deluxe version. I also have the Mooney and the Seminole, that also use the 530. Not to mention I have the YourControls 2.5.2 and I am in CST discord.

Looks like there was an issue with the package i downloaded earlier.
Did re-download and install and works again now. Thank you!

Ref FLIGHT_EVENTS app.

The flight events APP allows you to see your plane on a map, and to display your FLIGHT PLAN on that map.

If you create a FP in MSFS , then it will display on that map.

If you load a FP into the GNS530 (with the MOD) Flight Events keeps displaying the old FP that was created originally by MSFS.

It would seem that 2 FPs can exist ? The one created in MSFS and “in” MSFS, and the one Loaded into the GNS530 by the MOD from the list of FlightPlans in the MOd’s Flight Plan folder.

This is probably not a GNS530 Mod direct issue, but I am hoping this could be resolved between @ScorpionFilm422 and “Hy”, the developer of Flight Events (and many other great MSFS addon Apps)

Thank you for this excellent mod @ScorpionFilm422 !

My apologies if this question is already answered. I searched the thread and read the documentation in the repo, but didn’t find the answer.

What is the advantage of loading the flight plan via the mod after starting the flight, rather than loading it on the world map screen?