PMS50 GTN750 Project

Is there a way to be notified of updates by email? (Or will there be in the future?)

1 Like

I will probably give a new release message directly inside the GTN750 when starting it. This message will inform you that your current version is not up to date.

4 Likes

How may I see the wind data with the GTN?

On the map page, this is a configurable field. Use the map menu to set it.

Is there any know reason why a plane could not use the GTN750 as its main GPS, and the GNS430 as its 2nd radio, GPS (given that they will appear to be Coupled, like the GNS530 and GNS430 currently act)

You have the Arrow and the Seneca, both from Carenado.

Hi, I have updated my Carenado PA44 and have ver 1.0.18 of the GTN750 but still it is not showing, only the 530. Anyone know what else there is to do for it to show? Thanks in advance.

The switch is in the second page of the tablet.

2 Likes

Many thanks.

1 Like

If theyā€™re linked, then itā€™s likely a panel.xml issue like with the C172 Classic, which uses a different method to put them on two different electrical circuits than most instruments. If you donā€™t get that panel.xml right for the C172 Classic, the radios end up linked.

Come on ā€“ You know I know that !!! we have talked about it ad-nausiam.

But it is good information for others reading this tread, and is just another case where there is a good argument for not ā€œ,fsarchivingā€ the .cfg files in the Premium & Deluxe versions.

1 Like

I have no more weather, and my token is valid.
C208

Do you remember that the weather now works properly? The radar ONLY displays precipitation, not clouds.

1 Like

The option has a name like ā€œmodify fieldsā€ .

I disagree with you, I think the weather mode should show cloud cover, not just rain.
Image taken before the update:

FlightSimulator_2021-05-18_21-50-15

1 Like

No, real weather radar shows precipitation, not clouds. Thatā€™s the reason it was fixed in the update.

3 Likes

We have been waiting for 20+ years for a Flight Sim ā€œWeather radarā€ to depict precipitation as opposed to cloud. (as Real World Weather Doppler radars do)

Lets not regress now :slight_smile:

Unless of course, you had the RXP Weather radar, that DID work correctly back then.

the RXP Wx500 is a true Wx Radar, simulating the expected behavior of the BK 500 Radar, including ground clutter, radar shadow. It is also using the internal FS9/FSX 3D clouds data to accurately depict the precipitation return signals where you can visually see them in the sim. It is also tilt-able of course, and supports adjusting gain, all with 0 fps hit since FS9.

More info (screenshots):
Wx500: Gallery - Reality XP Simulation

Flying toward CB:

RXP Wx500 embedded in PMDG 737:

9 Likes

Iā€™m following the instructions to install the GTN750 but keep getting this ā€˜site_inactiveā€™ message when trying to check or activate my license. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Log in to the support site, and you will find an option where you can clear any existing activations.

Just in the documentation :wink: