Poll: Nvidia 497.09 Experience [Update: 497.29 drivers with fixes available now]

Hey ladies and gents, this is a special moment for me…I just installed the 497.09 driver…

I started the sim, DX11 mode, picked Cessna 172sp for a spawn at my local airfield, pressed FLY - and soon after during the loading screen my simulator crashed for the first time in my life…since I have MSFS since October 2020.

Oh well…another one bites the dust…my Perfectly Stable Sim-Simmers race is almost extinct… :laughing:

It just exits…no, it cleanly and silently disappears. Without a trace. As if nothing happened. Not even a sound, not a single leftover process, nothing…I even caught myself in a dilemma “did I really start the sim, or was it all just a mirage, a fairytale, a flashback sort of thing…”…

It’s not a CTD - it’s DTD (Disappearance To Desktop) !
What an experience… :laughing:

I switched to DX12 and it works excellent now woow - but the latency thing drives me crazy, you know…it’s not the classic stuttering.
It feels as if sometimes your mouse accelerates when you move your viewpoint. For example, you wanna take a look at your 2 o’clock, then suddenly you end up looking out of your own ■■■…kinda thing… :confused:

What do you think is the best way forward at least for this evening?
Rollback?
Anyone know of any tricks to alleviate the existing DX12 issues?

Windows 10 Pro x64
21H2 + latest WUS update applied as of 12-02-2021
Ryzen 5900X
Asus X570
DDR4 64GB 4200MT/s
GeForce 3080Ti

1 Like