Poll: World Update 8 and bug fixes

I realize Sim Updates are for bug fixes, but I was trying to get an indication of whether people thought World Updates might also fix some bugs, based on their past experience with World Updates.

Voting options:
A. World Update 8 will not fix any bugs but might introduce new bugs.
B. World Update 8 might fix some bugs and might introduce new bugs.
C. World Update 8 might fix some bugs and won’t introduce any new bugs.
D. I don’t know, we’ll find out on Tuesday :slightly_smiling_face:
E. World Update 8 will not fix any bugs nor introduce any new bugs. (missing in poll below, write in)

Edit - Thanks to Hester40MT for making a real poll (option E missing is my fault).

Thanks for the votes everybody.

B! B B B B B B B B B

Because the thing says a post must have 10 characters…

2 Likes

Poll for @HethrMasn :slight_smile:

• World Update 8 will not fix any bugs but might introduce new bugs
  • World Update 8 might fix some bugs and might introduce new bugs
  • World Update 8 might fix some bugs and won’t introduce any new bugs
  • I don’t know, we’ll find out on Tuesday

0 voters

3 Likes

I thought they said they’re not fixing bugs in world updates any more, only in sim updates.

7 Likes

True. Generally World Updates are not bug fixes. There have been some in the past where there was; but don’t get hopes up. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

There are other bug fixes like missing airports and airport and scenery glitches.

3 Likes

We’re missing will not fix any bugs and won’t introduce any bugs option. Come to think of it why would it solve any bugs, we’ve got SUs for that :slight_smile:

That one is missing, but if I edit the poll now, we’d lose the current votes. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Alright I’ll give an open vote for won’t fix any bugs and won’t introduce any bugs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True enough.

That’s a great point, and to be honest I wasn’t really considering those type of bugs when making the poll. I was thinking more along the lines of aircraft bugs, like the broken prop animation on the PC-6 for example.

Since I couldn’t make a real poll, I cut the choices down. The word “might” also implies “might not”.

Thanks @Hester40MT for fixing the poll.

I realize the Sim Updates are for bug fixes, and I was trying to get an indication of whether people thought World Updates might fix some bugs, based on their past experience with World Updates.

Thanks for the votes everybody.

2 Likes

The last world update of Australia didn’t fix any bugs, but didn’t add any either. I don’t see that option with this poll. So I can’t answer this because I fully expect it will be the same thing. No code changes, just new content.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed the release notes for WU7 didn’t mention any bug fixes, except the missing airports as N316TS pointed out.

It’s missing the ILS from OVAR (LPOV) 109.3

For some reason WU8 touched aircraft LOD and texture files. Perhaps that is just some sort of format change rather than a bug fix.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.