[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

Agreed; I always am befuddled why people have such issue updating.

1 Like

If thatā€™s true it is pretty huge news. 60Gb for nothing in the install folders of MSFS? I have serious doubts hereā€¦ MMmm may try to move content of this directory to see what happen (keeping the txt file as notified). Will seeā€¦

Did you try the Xbox app on your PC? Thatā€™s where it is.

@FacetedArrow204 this happens from time to time. Just change it back.

Yep ā€“ this is VERY true. All of the slow network/slow performance will go back to normal after today.

Tnx for the tip, not running out of disk space yet :sunglasses:. I will keep it in mind

Oh itā€™s realā€¦i agree itā€™s strangeā€¦but did it myself a while back, strange but true.

1 Like

Same hereā€¦bit strange, but not a major problem

Meigs Airport is underwater ??

I saw the same thing coming from su10 beta to su10 officialā€¦
Were you in su11 beta?

That will be very helpful if it is as the article states. If those files are ā€œuselessā€ as the article states, Iā€™m wondering why they are there in the first place.

1 Like

Pic, or it didnā€™t happen :wink:

It wasnā€™t udpating there. Then (perhaps just coincidence) I clicked the ā€¦ by the game, selected Manage, and selected ā€œEnable Advnace Managementā€ and it suddenly started updating.

Great questionā€¦no idea, but they are uselessā€¦deleted, no ill effects and they havenā€™t repopulatedā€¦got my 60gb of real estate back :wink:

1 Like

Am I crazy or why does DC-3 external engine sound is of jets (i.e. A310?). Anyone else?

I havenā€™t tried, but off the top, do you have FSRealistic running? Maybe a profile issue.

Nope. Disabled all add-ons to prevent any issues / interference.

Anybody on xbox able to use their mouse? Mine is not working, tried two. The pointer moves but it canā€™t interact :confused:

It does state that these are offline mesh files. Sometimes you get disconnected with the servers during a flightsim session. So ā€¦ when disconnected there is no mesh ?

Yes, precisely. Itā€™s not recommended unless you have very limited storage. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do i set the Hughes H-4 Hercules startpoint in water? it`s always at 7000 feet if you set a startpoint somewhere over water.