[Polls] Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Sim Update 3 Feedback

I am using fast VPN server. It helped me and many others in Germany. But as said it doesn’t help everybody as I have learned in this forum. I am not an expert, just trying to solve the issues on my side and it worked well for me.

Video is done in VR, I put in YouTube with low resolution, don’t know the length restriction here. some more will follow. No stutters, no popping up of things. That’s the state of FS2024 I was looking for. Also in big planes I fly sometimes no stutter issues.

Just a nicely meant remark to MS. If these servers are rented by MS you should push all providers not to slow down anything streamed by MS. But as said, I am not a pro.

Yes, just 16GB cache. Telekom is in my flyers community well know for giving not good streaming packages. I try to contact you directly.

1 Like

Tried to send you personally, did it work?

I was gonna do a reinstall in the morning but don’t think I’ll bother now. I agree, during the different patches of the beta the sim worked pretty well but now the updates official it seems to have gone downhill. I’ve always left my cache at 32 but think I’m gonna start deleting reserved space again as what I remember during the su2 beta this seemed to help with the stutters

My experience with Sim Update 3 on Xbox has been a rollercoaster. One day the simulator runs as smooth as silk, and the next it’s a stuttering mess. This inconsistency is puzzling, especially since my Xbox is brand new and has only ever had this game installed. I’ve tried everything—multiple reinstalls, clearing the cache, and even a full factory reset—but nothing has improved the situation.

Frankly, I’m at a loss as to what these downloadable packages are supposed to do, as I’ve noticed zero difference in performance between streaming the game and downloading all the content. I’m beginning to suspect the issue isn’t on my end, but rather with the servers themselves, given the unpredictable nature of my flights.

help me vote this up so we stop getting fleeced in aircraft repairs: :backhand_index_pointing_down::folded_hands:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/proposal-to-overhaul-aircraft-repair-costs/735766?u=iiiiipaleiiiii

3 Likes

Weird …

i am only doing longhaul with a350 / 777 since SU3

realtime 8 to 10 hour flights with no fps loss .. not even a stutter …. Super stable

rest is ■■■■ though :rofl: ( AI / ATC / Weather )

4090 / 32gb / 7800x3d

1 Like

Still no needles for some gauges in 2020 native aircraft.

Can you please keep me updated If the deleting of reserved space helps ?

Yeah sure. I’ll be trying it in the morning

For any having issues with NAV working, or lack of approaches and departures. This has been driving me crazy for the past 2 weeks. I finally got Navigation working again. I took everything out of the community folder, it worked. Put the Florida and Bahamas scenery back in, it worked. Liveries. it was the liveries. Thats the only thing not added back in. Something with liveries, was messing up flight plans . A lack of a panel.cfg, who knows. or calling an old G5000 or G3000. but flight planning is workiing with SIDS and STARS.

3 Likes

Yes I did.

I see much better screenshots from 2020 than 2024.

8 Likes

Amazing how this sim is being developed backwards. Never had any issues with CTD’s. Since SU3 the sim is a CTD party :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tons of hours spent in Sim Update 3 on PC and Xbox, not a single crash yet :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Since su3, passengers no longer walk up to aircraft in career missions. They simply appear inside cockpit. Bummer as this takes away immersion, especially in VR

SU3 is near perfecto. Keep up the great work.

3 Likes

It’s fixed!!!

Right Mouse Button blocking flight controls - It’s fixed!!! :shaking_face:

This cropped up with the XBox introduction on the fateful FS2020 SU5. It’s been YEARS! But it’s fixed! Thanks for finally resolving this one!

3 Likes

A specific issue. Beechcraft King Air. Raising landing gear after takeoff crashes the airplane. Airspeed drops and the plane stall out of control. HAppens any time during flight on autopilot. Only works if I leave landing gear down. More detail. On both the King Air and Bonanza, raising the landing gear shuts down the throttle and desable the autopilot. Unbelievable!!!

Hmm now I also need to test to see if fight controls are disabled when hovering the cursor over a popout window.

Follow-up - it still disables flight controls :frowning:

2 Likes

SU3 should not have been released with the VR LOD issue, origjnally introduced in the 1.5.25.0 SU3 beta, causing many aircraft to display black and non functional cockpit switches in VR. It is so broken that I have gone back to 2020 for IFR flying. This should be fixed ASAP in the first SU4 beta build.

2 Likes