What the hell is this? It happens to me every time I start the computer now, three times in a row. Why is this happening, and are we the only ones experiencing this pointless fake download? And how do you get rid of it?
Were you in the Beta? Did you exit properly if yes?
Try deleting Xbox app and signing in again.
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/17268168854044-Loading-issues
I’ve never been in a beta version. I’ve already signed out of and back into Xbox several times. I repaired the Xbox app and reset it… I’ve tried everything that might possibly help, but that 3.1 GB fake download craaap keeps showing up again and again!
Did your try to repair your MSFS 2024 Installation too by ticking that through the Xbox app in the option menu of MSFS 2024?
Yes, i also “repaired” it in the Xbox support repair tool and in the MSFS 2024 in the app-settings…
curious- I play on xcloud streaming and the sim is often pixelated, slow to load. My internet is 400mbps so it’s not that. sometimes the sim looks great and others not. My console broke and they are too costly to replace, let alone a PC, so streaming lets me still play. I guess you lose quality vs local hardware, tho I thought they ran off xbox x servers? On the flip side, it is nice signing into game cloud & playing on the go from an iPad & turning on & off per se my ability too by not renewing gamepass for a given month if too busy to play.
Cloud runs off of a virtual Series S server-side, not Series X.
oh interesting. because I thought it was custom series x servers with S profiles?
that being said, just to confirm
1- is there anyway to improve quality?
2- would a series S machine deliver the same peformance even if local? again the X is too costly now and I’m waiting to see what new xbox is announced eventually.
Only way to improve performance would generally be to improve your connection to the MS CDNs - maybe trying a VPN or service like Cloudflare WARP could help, but not sure.
A local Series S would perform better.
Okay thank you
The horrific stuttering we’ve had to endure on high-end PCs since the release of su5 has finally come to an end for me.
I give up! After weeks of trying to mitigate this catastrophe on my end, I have to admit it’s impossible.
Does anyone care? No.
My answer: starting today, Asobo/microsoft won’t get another cent from me. I promise.
Try “Better Xcloud”, it makes a real difference.
su4 run smoothly, su5 is choppy. Find the error
so we have some very nice running Beta Versions, when we get a release on the Live Version? actually i have more Playtime on the Beta then the live version…
The actuall Beta is a huge step forward …
Yea its time to upgrade the live version from .27 to .34 and continue the beta if not everything is fixed yet
Cuz latest .34 is a huge step forward! Especially for those who owns disc version on console and can’t join betas
PC owners have always managed to fly pretty well, since you can fine-tune the graphics settings, but we Xbox Series X owners have been in for a treat, with stutters especially during takeoff and landing, out-of-memory messages, WASM freezes, and CTD crashes that have tested our patience to the limit.
Now, with version .34, things seem to have improved in terms of stability and fluidity, but at the expense of the LOD, which has worsened significantly (and it’s never been great on Xbox given the lack of RAM and VRAM, but we knew that).
I hope Microsoft fixes this mess quickly, taking into account the feedback from us beta testers and putting our technical expertise to good use.
I don’t know what’s going on with this game, but I’m absolutely fed up with it. A few days ago, I had to recreate profiles for my controllers, yesterday I had a CTD after completing a flight and exiting to the main menu, and today the error returns, forcing me to exit the game via the task manager. I’ve been experiencing various anomalies with MSFS 2020 for five years, and I don’t have the time or patience to go through it again in 2024.
Are server resources perhaps being prioritized for consoles to mitigate the SU5 debacle for them?
I still remember the disastrous start to 2024 very well.
All the promises we were made: better testing, prioritizing bug fixes, and so on. There’s only one word for the current situation: disaster.
They’ve programmed the most beautiful flight simulator of all time, but unfortunately, it lacks a reliably functioning core.
As a simulator enthusiast, this realization is very painful for me, because the fundamental structures at the core can no longer be changed and are, at best, only masked with “updates.”