[Polls] Sim Update 14 (1.35.21.0) Discussion

Read the Release Notes here.

Please use this thread to discuss the latest update, version 1.35.21.0. Other topics created to discuss this thread may be merged here. However, if you have a new bug report, please post it in the Bug Report section of the forums.

:warning: PC Users (Steam and MS Store) - Poll Questions :warning:

Feel free to answer these poll questions after you download and experience the new update.

Did you remove all your mods from the community folder before launching the new build?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Oops, I forgot. Will do that now and try again.
  • I don’t use mods
0 voters
Did you experience any CTDs while downloading and installing the newest update? If yes, please respond to this post and let us know more details.
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in the menu or World Map areas?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in flight?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being smoothest, how is your performance/stability in this update? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
0 voters
Is your performance/stability worse, the same, or better than the SU_13 release build (1.34.16.0)? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
  • Worse
  • The same
  • Better
0 voters

:warning: Xbox Series X|S Users - Poll Questions :warning:

Feel free to answer these poll questions after you download and experience the new update.

Did you experience any CTDs while downloading and installing the newest update? If yes, please respond to this post and let us know more details.
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in the menu or World Map areas?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in flight?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being smoothest, how is your performance/stability in this update? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
0 voters
Is your performance/stability worse, the same, or better than the SU_13 release build (1.34.16.0)? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
  • Worse
  • The same
  • Better
0 voters

:warning: All Users (PC and Xbox) :warning:

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, how would you globally rate this update (This question will be used as a reference between each update)
0 voters

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I was in the Beta?

If there is an updated build, you will receive it automatically when the retail version goes live. If the retail version is the same build as the latest beta build, you will receive no updates. If you do not want to participate in future Betas, after you have updated to the latest build, manually leave the Beta. If you do not manually leave, you will be included in the next Beta build that is released.

Where can I find out about Known Issues

Click here to view the Known Issues list

How do I see my current version number?

Press Alt+Enter to change the program from full screen to windowed mode. The version number is at the top title bar of the window. Additionally, the version number is displayed by holding down Alt+Tab (above the window icon) or available in-game by clicking on your gamer tag profile icon from the top right of the main screen. The version name is displayed in the dialogue box under your gamer tag

Do I need to do anything with add-ons in the community folder?

We highly recommended that you move the content from your community folder to a temporary location on your hard drive before applying the patch and replacing after testing the new version.

Why were certain bugs or issues not included in the patch notes?

If you are still experiencing an issue then create a topic in Bug Reports & Wishlist or file a ticket on Zendesk, using the “Submit a Request” option on the top menu bar. Include as much detail as possible, including the version of the game you are running. Remember the forums are not the official platform for bug tracking.

This patch is part of an ongoing patch release, so if your issue isn’t patched this time it does not mean it won’t ever get fixed! Check out the #self-service:bugs-issues category to see if others are reporting the same issues (where you can also vote if you have the same issue)

What should I do if the update doesn’t start automatically?

1. Check Windows 10/11 for updates. If any, restart your PC
  2. Manually check MS Store for Updates
  3. Then update MSFS

If this still doesn’t work, the best course of action is to log out, restart your computer, and log back in.

What should I do if the update seems to stall or stop downloading?

The first thing to try is closing down MSFS and restarting it. The downloading should start again once MSFS is restarted. If there are problems with a particular file downloading repeatedly (on a loop) then exit MSFS and browse to the download location where the file is downloading to using windows explorer. Delete the offending file (if it is listed) or the latest downloaded file in that folder and then restart MSFS. The patch should continue as normal. (Note only delete files do not delete folders!)

6 Likes

EDIT: All polls are now open for voting.

All polls other than those related to download/installation are deliberately closed for the time being. We will open these polls for voting in a few hours after players have had a chance to try the new Sim Update.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

2 Likes

How big is the update?

1 Like

I guess I’ll be trying out the SR22 tonight then.

For everyone different I have 2,31 GB

7.13 GB with Premium Deluxe

9 Likes

I’m “enjoying” downloading SU14 at 5Mbps on a 500Mbps pipe (US East) :rage:

9 Likes

I can’t see anything in the release notes about the multiplayer fixes (players disappearing).

Has this been included as part of SU14 and just missing from the notes or is this still yet to come/already implemented at server level? Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

62 mbits/ s here in uk and size 7.20 go. Must say still downloading but pleasantly surprised with speed. Of this continues well done microsobo.

Your update release notes state- “Several crashes have been fixed across the title”…

Does this include the CTD issue when zooming in/out on the world map? If not, specifically which crashes have been fixed? Thanks!

2 Likes

I´m hopping to get someone to read this before the update.
While zooming into a friends plane on the World Map (NOT ZOOMING ON THE WORLD MAP) not the same thing. I clikck into a friends airplane and my sim crashes. Thank you

3 Likes

Same in SU13, though I don’t think it need be a friend as I’ve had crashing on random planes as well.

2 Likes

4.67Gb to download here, and it’s going fast

1 Like

XBOX X

Made it to the main screen with map etc but popup instantly appeared saying ‘please wait’ ,this is 10 mins in and can’t go any further :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

…ok after a quit /reboot I am now into world map .

1 Like

So if we were on the beta wit the latest build there will be no updates.

What will happen if we leave the beta? Will it put us back to SU13 and then have to update or will we stay on what was the latest beta and is now SU14 proper?

Also even without an update we can use any server again as before we could only use East USA server?

1 Like

Sky colours looking good!

2 Likes

Hi @DannyMalloy,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The fix to multiplayer is live now with SU_14, but we forgot to include it in the final non-beta release notes. We’ve added it back now. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
MSFS Team

17 Likes

Download stuck at fs-base-soundbanks-0.1.60.fspatch… I wonder if they ever get those download issues sorted…

11 Likes

Sim update installed still CTD loadiing from the World Map with a 1GB internet connection. Ridiculous that this has not been fixed!!!

Now that the update is out, if you leave the Beta nothing should happen. You should have access to all multiplayer servers now, though. If you still only see East USA please let us know. Thanks!

8 Likes