[Polls] World Update XIV: Central Eastern Europe Discussion

World Update XIV: Central Eastern Europe is now available as a free download from the in-sim Marketplace. Please use this topic for discussion and feedback.

Poll Questions

Feel free to answer these poll questions after you download and experience the new update.

Did you experience any CTDs during this download process? If yes, please respond to this post and let us know more details.
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, how do you like the new photogrammetry and POIs?
0 voters
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being smoothest, how is your performance/stability in this update? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
0 voters
Is your performance/stability worse, the same, or better than before the World Update? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
  • Worse
  • The same
  • Better
0 voters
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, how would you globally rate this update? (This question will be used as a reference between each update)
0 voters
8 Likes

All polls except for the one related to download/installation are deliberately closed for now. We will open these polls for voting later today after players have had a chance to experience the World Update.

Downloading now! Finally, my home region/country got an update as well.

I am really excited to see the new details.

For anyone interested in VFR flight over Hungary, here is the link to the official VFR manual- still in beta, but usable.

8 Likes

why are we forced to have the A320 Neo, and the inibuilds A310 in order to download this and keep the game up to date? i dont fly them, and i shouldnt need them for an update to work…

3 Likes

Hi folks,

We’ve seen a few reports that some of the TIN/Photogrammetry cities in WU14 may not be appearing properly for some players. If this is happening to you, please manually delete your rolling cache and this should resolve the issue.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

5 Likes

WU XIV looks awesome. Do we have any updates on the World Hub rollout? I ask here because the Development Wishlist last week mentioned World Update 14 as the anticipated release.

4 Likes

Hruboskalsko looks pretty underwhelming compared to the trailer.

I think something must’ve gotten messed up. You can see a lot of the blobs of elevation that were probably supposed to be flattened for this POI.

14 Likes

OK, as far as WUs go, I gotta say this trailer was moving. Pretty excited for this one since my wife & I are sailing along Croatia’s Dalmatian coast from Split to Dubrovnik next summer. This looks like some fun territory to explore.

Expecting it to work well with my 3P airports in the area: LKPR, LDZA, LDSP, & LHBP.

2 Likes

Having some issues downloading this - never had any issues downloading WU s before on a GB connection. I guess it’s the busiest time but it gets to a certain point and then goes back a bit and tries to reload around the 4GB mark - continuous loop - im going to try and restart. Any one else having issues?

Tried reloading and various servers - seems to have part loaded but not sure if it’s starting again or starting from where it’s left off!

2 Likes

6GB in… but slow download this time…
Probably won’t play tonight because servers will be very busy i guess

1 Like

yes same here. Although there is progress it seems to fall back to the latest X.12G point. So it was falling back all the time to 4.12 and starting from there. Then eventually I got as far as 5.8 and now it keeps falling back to 5.12
it is like one of those processions. 3 steps forward and two steps back. At this rate we will get there eventually but it will take a while.

1 Like

Just delete them from the content manager after the update if they’re added back.

Oh it’s not just me then - is it just a case leaving it alone and let it eventually succeed?

Have you ever eaten a cheeseburger that looked exactly like it did in the commercial? :wink:

4 Likes

I think so, seems to be the best

1 Like

i planned on it. watch it not work without those though…sometimes when you delete stuff the sim is calling back on, itll crash the sim.

I’ll keep an eye on it. I’ve taken a ton out of mine, and I’ve had relatively-good luck. Fingers crossed.

why not just leave them but not fly them?

Wasted space and clutter in the menus for me.

4 Likes

same @blacksanta512

1 Like