[Polls] World Update XV: Nordics & Greenland

The odd angles are the result of city improvements. These streets were built in 1870s and the back yards were crammed with tenement buildings to maximise rent income. In the second half of the twentieth century the state and city council launched a campaign to improve living conditions aka slum clearances. In this process some buildings were demolished to provide more air and light for the apartments and instead a green area was created inside the block. Apartments in these streets are very popular today.

7 Likes

And it will be when you are viewing it that close.

2 Likes

It would be nice to have a star on the map for easier and faster location of this one:
ENRA Mo i Rana Airport
It’s almost 2024 to still forgetting to do so.
Thanks

There is a windows glitch on Akureyri terminal.

Also in real life it’s more opaque and you see the northern light much better.

(Photo taken from Google Maps)

I would say, in the game opacity is 30%, but it should be around 70-80% where you can see a bit, but it should be darker.

I know it’s a feedback of minor importance, but it is my little feedback. Love Iceland!

2 Likes

I think is is posts like this that highlight how truly incredible this sim is. We want the opacity of windows at an airport to be adjusted to more closely reflect (no pun intended
) reality? This is just extraordinary!

6 Likes

At first I wanted to write about this annoying glitch, but why just fix things when you can improve them. But I understand what you mean lol. I love Iceland!

Thanks for the info! Maybe I was just too picky about how the roofs of the buildings would look like. I would have expected that they look more neatly as shown in your satellite picture. And yes the photogrammetry seems better when viewed in a distance.

1 Like

Hi.

I have made a clean install of MSFS via steam. I am currently downloading the world updates for where I usually fly to (within europe).

But one question: Do I need to download WU5 (Nordics) and install it, and then download WU15 and install it? Or there is no point of having WU5, but should just go straight to WU15?

Thanks!

1 Like

Will need both

1 Like

Thanks!

I would tough so, I haven’t seen any place where MSFS recommend to uninstall WU5

Hi,

As per title, is anybody experiencing the same?
Load times increased by about 30%, with microstutters every now and then, no matter where I fly. When uninstalled, performance is definitely better.

I9 13900ks @ 5.5 ghz
Rtx4090
Dx12, fg on

Regards

Just to tidy up my earlier posting, I’m very happy to report that MSFS seems to load and run properly for me once again! I did absolutely nothing to fix the crashing, but decided to just give it a rest for a couple of weeks to see if a mandatory update of some sort might just give it a boot in the rear end to finish updating to completion - and it appears that’s exactly what happened. After starting up to check on it this morning, I got an indication of improper update I’d never gotten previously, requesting to update the recent Nordic package. After that completed, I was at the normal Home page to start flying and after shutting down and restarting, it took me back there with no issue. First time in many weeks it got that far.

I then moved back all my temporarily-relocated Community packages and the next startup got those all ready to go as well. So I’m back to where I was before it broke, except that I’d reinstalled on Drive C instead of Drive F where I put my flight sims. I’ll probably try to move MSFS back to Drive F (where it did work fine until it didn’t) and see what happens.

Thanks to all who kicked in with suggestions and pointers.

There is an Iceland Tree Fix at flightsim dot TO
 (I am not sure I can post a link here so I wont
) 
I use that fix 
Iceland Overhaul 1.7.5 by badweapon

1 Like

I know this is a few months old now, but I just got around to the bush trips. I really like that one of them has the option to use the Skyhawk Classic, a premium plane. I think it would be great if more bush trips came with options for both premium aircraft, and perhaps first party aircraft, as an additional option!

3 Likes

I tried Greenland. No icebergs and no structure on icefields - just white.

Mighty disappointed. Apparently Greenland is not interesting to Asobo and Co. Not even the airports are on a uniform height, there is a one-metre step up around the apron at Ilulissat. No icebergs on the West coast to be seen. Norway’s Atlantic coast is not ice-free year-round as it is in the real world.

1 Like

MK-Studios did put out a scenery pack for Greenland right before the WU. That’s what I currently use.
It includes updated scenery for BGSF Kangerlussuaq, Sisimiut BGSS, Maniitsoq BGMQ, Qaarsut BGUQ and Aasiaat BGAA .

2 Likes

I understand they offer only payware airports. I wish to have realistic scenery, though. I wonder why Asobo has done so little in the Nordics upgrade. Here’s my aerial view of the famous landmark Disko Bay. Since I flew over the real one, I can tell you it is not like this at all. It is a huge glacier hundreds of metres thick, calving into the sea at the mouth regularly, leaving huge icebergs.

1 Like

This is Disko Bay from sea level.

1 Like

With live weather on I got ice in the water and glaciers between Nuuk and Narsasuaq the other day.

1 Like