Positive SU5 experiences

We need some positivity around here, the amount of CTD threads and performance threads is driving me crazy…

it’s not a super machine by any machines and performance wise this looks spot on!

7 Likes

The guy in the video has completely failed to notice his scenery is disappearing and turning into dark blue squares under his wings towards the end of the video! Far from “perfect” I would say.

5 Likes

I take it you are not having issues then?

to be honest Jake I haven’t tried yet, waiting on a new machine to arrive but will try it this weekend on my current setup.

Good luck!! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks! hahaha

1 Like

Smooth sailing for me

3 Likes

Unfortunately for me also the worst update. From a certain height everything looks blurry. The buildings pop up at some point when you are close enough. Also the A320 was not repaired until today he does not make it over Fl 220. Am now slowly thinking about whether I switch back to X plane. Because I also have the feeling that MSFS2020 is only a money machine. I was an alpha tester and have always thought positive until this update but unfortunately I have the feeling that MSFS2020 is getting worse instead of better.

1 Like

At the moment none.
My cockpit view is rolling and moving all the time

It was a bumpy experience for me with numerous CTDs and VR lockups but after reading the known issues and posts about disabling AI traffic, it’s running well. I definitely noticed VR is smoother. If something is not working, I have total confidence Asobo will address it as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Trim controls seem markedly improved in this update to me, actually.

Once again, no fun allowed it seems. Negative opinions are the only valid ones, anybody with nice things to say must be shouted down. Perhaps I’m idealizing the old says but flight sim communities were never like this in my FS9/FSX days. This is among the most toxic game communities I’ve ever been around.

4 Likes

I agree 100%. I get peoples frustrations but give it time right?

I see alot of positives reviews on youtube, reviews with proof! the proof is in the footage

Im wondering how those Ultra settings are really Ultra, when i set from Ultra to High-End and draw distance detail to 100% (from Ultra 200%) then increase of FPS is massive. So maybe its not the sim but the ppl calming they play on Ultra when in reality they don’t and their settings are a mix bag.

1 Like

The update was definitely designed for XBox users.

1 Like

Strangely, for me this has been the most painless update ever. The sim is running super smooth, not getting any of this stutter or pop in that people are complaining about, and I’ve been running the sim since 8AM (8 hours ago) with out so much as a hiccup.

The terrain detail also seems sharper at higher altitudes too. And the sky is full of people today too, it’s great.

4 Likes

People talking about low LOD distance and meanwhile I get this incredible views…
The update has been incredible for me

6 Likes

Looks incredible!

1 Like

It does, doesn’t it? I had never seen the game look so beautiful, I don’t know what others are experiencing, but I am in awe

1 Like

Incredible! Honestly, just incredible!

Amazing what happens when you follow the correct procedures and know how to set it up graphically! Not saying I do but you clearly do.

Happy Flying!

1 Like

yes great, it looks a tad less for me, i have lower hardware, but i like this update.
no issues here.
all the issues shows again that pc’s are not compatible, and many errors are caused by the users themselves, but oh sorry, they dont wanna hear that.

1 Like