Positive SU5 experiences

I’ve had some speed bumps updating (not all resolved yet) but performance is FANTASTIC. I’m seeing a 50% improvement in fps in the Los Angeles area, and it no longer has long multi-second pauses while flying around. Completely seems to have solved the LA perf issues.

I’m really pleased about that!

1 Like

Exactly. Those whining are either new to the genre or simply have short memories.

This is an amazing update overall.

Lol, nothing beat armchair pilots talking about “experience”

2 Likes

Lol. You are meannn…but i like it.

Experience with the flight sim community. Keep up. Or continue firing blanks.

Go go keep firing the real thing…u soldiers? Hahaha. Go play your game since you have a new amazing flight sim to play after the SU5…leave the forum for many of us trying to find solutions my dear friend.

Yeah, I’m loving actually flying the sim as opposed to crying on the forums over minor things.

It’s literally amazing over NYC.

Hey…so why are u still replying continuously…funny guy you.

1 Like

After getting past the update download freezing issues yesterday, and the servers crashing last night resulting in the indefinite ‘checking for updates’ message, I am able to use the sim now, and the performance is ridiculously good compared to before the update. I flew through every major area I had stutters / freezing in the past, like LAX / LA area, downtown Chicago and Manhattan, and all are super smooth with no lag / stutters / freezing. Very impressed with this actually. The only problems I still have are with the JF Arrows and AS CRJ needing compatibility updates, since they have non-working features or bugs as of the update. Other than that, overall, this update has been great. I look forward to getting the aircraft updates and being back to normal in the sim.

1 Like

I’ve been playing fligh sim games since i was 4, in fact, FSX and later motivated me to become an IRL pilot and i’m currently working on my CPL.

I’m not saying that to show off but just to prove this single point :

FS2020 used to be the best VFR simulator on the market, blowing everything else out of the water, you could prepare IRL navigations on it no problem, since the scenery felt almost life-like.

But VFR is based on sight, and you can’t fly toward something you can’t see anymore. That’s my problem with this update, sure it looks good up close, but look a bit further and see how much objects and trees don’t load in as far as they did just a week ago.

For now, there is no reason to use FS2020 as a simulation, VFR is now broken, and IFR is well… a bit strange. Enjoy your sightseeing.

1 Like

More pls…showed what a bad person you are…pple with CTDs are browsing the forums to try to find solution or workaround…u have nthing better to do…but to made fun of others? Terrible.

Well, now that everything has passed, could we have the vnav implemented?, and study level aircraft with everything working (this goes for the windshield wiper that until today only serves as an ornament and does not clean the glass)

You can still do the same. You’re exaggerating for effect. I don’t really care about your IRL experience as we’re not talking about that. The sim is still perfect for VFR.

The performance improvement has opened up this sim to so many more people now with lower PC builds or consoles. This is an amazing accomplishment.

This topic is receiving too many flags. Keep all posts on the topic and not on each other.

1 Like