Possibility for setting more Variables/ Using Legacy Event IDs?

Hey!

I wanted to write a UART to Simconnect Parser. Unfortunately the ThrottleControl sample as well as the InputEvent doesnt work for me (it just doesnt do anything).
I managed to read and write variables via a modificated SimVar Example and sent it out/receive it via UART.

So far I was using the Aircraft Simulaton Variables which are… just a few… For example, how do I set the different lights and the gear? These are, for now, only to be included in the Legacy Event IDs.
The “Light Wing” or “Light NAV” are only read, but not writable.

Adding the Legacy Event “THROTTLE_SET” doesnt work (SimConnect_OnRecvException: NAME_UNRECOGNIZED)

Is there a supersimple sample where I can see to set a variable?

Maybe something like:
Connect to Simconnect
Set Throttle of engine 1 to 700
Disconnect from Simconnect.

As mentioned above, the “simple” samples provided in the SDK dont work.

Thanks!

1 Like

Fortunately for us the SimConnect / Simulation Variables documentation seems to be out of date in this respect :wink:

The light variables actually are settable! You can try so with the provided “SimvarWatcher” example app (comes with the MSFS SDK).

Also refer to:

In my application I am actually reading and setting the “Light States” (= bitmask) simulation variable. Like this I can enable/disable all lights with one request.

Note that there is also a “Light On States” simulation variable (with documentation about the individual bits, that is, which bit is which light). But that “Light On State” is not settable (but again, “Light States” is settable!). Weird.

Try setting the “General Eng Throttle Lever Position:1” simulation variable, for engine 1. Note - and do not forget! - the “engine index”, which theoretically is unlimited (I assume), but in practise probably won’t exceed 4. Unless there will be aircraft with 6, 8 or more engines in the future :wink: