Possible cause for Xbox CTD?

With every new Add-on install, World/Sim Update and general “attempt” at maintaining Sim Stability, I will delete and reinstate the “Rolling Cache”.

However, the last few weeks have been awful in Stability with the Sim on Xbox. CTDs everyday.

Now, I’ve come to find out the following possibility: Rolling Cache DOES NOT change on the Console SSD.

With every clear & rebuild of the Rolling Cache, the Xbox will fill the “Reserved Space” under the ‘Saved Data’ slot in your Game Manager. It does not clear your Rolling Cache locally.

For me, “Saved Data” is sitting at 302.5 gigabytes:

I believe this is where Rolling Cache somehow gets “stacked”. It deletes in-sim, but not on the Console itself.

While the Main Install file is sitting at 431.4 gigabytes.

This has to be incorrect. The “Base Game” is 69.1gb and “Offline Mode” is 59.8gb totalling 128.9gb (1).

In the Sim, the Content Manager shows 103.28gb under “Space Used”. Combined, the above sit at 232.18gb. (2)

Making changes to the in-sim Content Manager does not change the size of the Main Install nor the Reserved Space.

(1). Upon initial install of the Sim back when I got it in April, the Main Install size was 128.9gb.
(2). Add-ons, World/Sim Updates, total out to 103.28gb, according to the in-sim Content Manager, thus the total.

So where is the 302gb of “Reserved Space” coming from?!

4 Likes

Yeah, the game is not deleting reserved space correctly. Only building it up, even after you disable rolling cache. I have noticed this Xbox bug in March 2022.

3 Likes

Update: After deletion of the Reserved Space file and re-installation of my add-ons, it now sits at 140gb:

The main Install went back down to 268gb.

The interesting part is, upping the Rolling Cache now, DOES NOT have an affect on the Reserved Space file…so far. Nor does deleting add-ons or installing new ones.

I’m still having CTDs with certain add-ons, so I’ve come to the conclusion it’s a problem with those and/or the memory issue with the console…however, with the storage issue solved, they aren’t as frequent.

1 Like

So that’s over 150 gb saved on SSD. Glad I could help recovering that space. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if the reported disk space shown is actually accurate though. Like the hard drive TOC is not being properly updated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.