Possible memory leak still happening with sim update 11?

Hey there,

I was flying today and on my second leg (both about 4.5 hours long) on my descent my framerates plummeted to unplayable levels. I was flying into Toronto and most of the time it is fine but this is the second time its happened after doing a long flight. I suspected that it could be a memory leak. My specs are i7-7700k @ 3.6ghz, 16GB ram, 1080ti 11GB of vram. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue in SU11 as I know it was a problem in SU10 but I never had that problem up until now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Have you tried running the same flight with no mods/addons/liveries installed? Some are known to cause memory leak issues so would be good to rule that out with an empty community folder.

Yep. It’s definitely still there. I tried in both DX12 and DX 11. Flying the PMDG 737 I start at 40-45 FPS after an hour our so it gets worse. By the time I land I’m at 15 FPS or worse now. I have tried with both a full and empty community folder.

My system: i9, RTX3080, 32MB system ram. 1TB SSD for FS2020.

Me aswell.

Same scenario! 45 to 15 I haven’t had this issue in months

OK. Looks like REX AccuSeason may have been my problem with my FPS slow down as my flight gets longer. I uninstalled all my add-ons one at a time and then re-added them. No issues with slow performance until I re-installed REX AccuSeason. Oh boy did that mess things up. Went from 45 FPS and smooth to 12 FPS with a slide show upon landing. So I removed REX AccuSeason and now my FPS is staying consistent. Just did a 2 1/2 hour flight yesterday with no performance issues. Did another 1 1/2 hour flight today. Same no issues. I did the flight in the PMDG 737-700. So for now, No AccuSeason use for me. Just the default trees and season textures in the sim. So if you are using REX AccuSeason add-on, try removing its textures from the sim.

1 Like