Post SU9 Thoughts on Clouds & Weather (it's not what you think)

The clouds are slightly better than at release of SU7, but far from the greatness of before update 7. Still in places like Taiwan they are always messy, no variety, almost at ground level and way too dark.

2 Likes

blown away by the weather since the update so much better, keep it up Asobo :+1:

1 Like

Agreed. The clouds are the best part of SU9, IMO.

1 Like

So a quick update. Post SU9 I’ve started a 10 leg tour of the Inner Hebrides. Starting and finishing in Campbeltown. I’ve decided to switch on live weather and see how it goes. I’m keeping in mind that a lot of the airfields will not be METAR centres, for example Knockrome airstrip on Jura (where by the way it is ill advised to try land a 172!) .

I haven’t seen any of the Dublin style towering-dark-horror-ash-clouds so far, that’s good. The not so good is that on 3 of the first 4 legs I have witnessed the entire weather system switch from one second to the next, entire cloud-banks popping in and out of existence. Not great for immersion.

Tonight, already happy with Rex AccuSeason, I opted to buy Rex Weather Force, and will try to use its live weather application. I’ll report back after the next few legs of this tour.

To date I rank the live weather options as follows, starting with the worst:

4th: Post SU7 live weather
3rd: Current SU9 live weather
2nd: Manually adding custom weather by reading details on MeteoBlue.com
1st: Pre SU7 live weather.

Lets see where I feel Rex live weather slots in to the above listing. Rex also offers dynamic presets which I may try if live weather proves disappointing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.