Post your formation flying screenshots

Lets see everyones formation flying… maybe some shots you took when flying with some friends… or just some random guy you flew up next to and took a picture with lol

4 Likes

Heres some with me and a buddy of mine to get it started…

7 Likes

7 Likes

or it can be just me and Matt lol

1 Like

9 Likes

wow, how do you find all those people to fly with? and sidenote… speaking from little experience, i have no idea how you guys are holding formation like that… when i try it i cant seem to stay close to my wingman

4 Likes
4 Likes

Hello hello my friend,
Ah you know I’m not yet an expert in formation flying, but it’s starting to take shape :smirk:
And I’ll tell you there’s no secret, practice, practice, and more practice :sunglasses:
In any case, if you are interested, we fly in groups every Monday and Friday, at 7 p.m. zulu
come fly with us…

Twitch ! Go check it out!
:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Hey, thanks alot for this info… i appreciated it and will definitely check it out!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Hey! I flew with you this afternoon during the stream… it was great and many thanks for letting me know about that!

2 Likes

Nice thread! And I am flabbergasted with some of the shots: I have no idea how you are able to do that kind of formation flying! I once tried a two ship formation using Sky Dolly and I struggled mightily to maintain station on the other aircraft. A number of times I just lost the other aircraft completely! But, FWIW, some screenshots. I tried to recreate a hypothetical 60’s formation with a South African Air Force Dakota and Harvard over Cape Town

Above the Cape Town city centre

In front of the iconic Table Mountain

Over the False Bay coastline

Over my old home town of Somerset West

Coming into the circuit left base for Rwy 19 at Cape Town International. Again Table Mountain in the background

I was exhausted after just this short flight!

5 Likes

Hello hello friend,
ah cool if you liked it, too bad for the network problems, but hey, it was nice :ok_hand:
“The next Stream will be Monday same time” :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hello friend, cool your pictures :sunglasses:

3 Likes

In my post I commented on how difficult I find formation flying and how impressed I was with that you guys are doing. These two shots particularly I find most impressive!

5 Likes

And imagine, the guy in Concorde :ok_hand: :smirk:
“we can’t really see on this picture, but he was very close to us”

7 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes