Post Your Inappropriate Landings

This thing prevents everybody from getting their 3080s

3 Likes

Bitcoin miners stop us from getting them.

2 Likes

Evening light… good for drone pictures but sometimes not smart to take off without any ATC or airport signs. Completely lost sight of the airport… gotta land somewhere… with this light I had to try a place without fences…

Next inappropriate landing was in Katwijk aan Zee, Netherlands.

Microsoft/Asobo invented a new tourist attraction… These houses on the beach are really for the strong and the bold. With high tide, or when there’s a storm, swim fast & rebuild your house the next day. Only the real Dutch heroes live here !

3 Likes

Southern Iceland you can land on a gletcher

2 Likes

Are you allowed to get up close & personal with a Moai?

5 Likes

National Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall

Kanmon Bridge

Nagasaki Airport, skipping the lines at customs

9 Likes

tail to the ground, head wheel up :scream_cat: slowly sliding sideward atm… throttle no use

3 Likes

Wooooooo…yipppeeeee!:100::100::crazy_face:

Hard right brake then short field takeoff?

Nope… I don’t have the skill for left or right breaks, I use rudder and airspeed. But I had no airspeed left. I stalled on landing and rolled upward, in the last meters before I paused for the picture I tried to rudder to the right to turn and get BACK… best takeoff is like on LS-60, turn the plane, go straight back downward to gain speed and lift. But there was no turn… it could not finish the turn… I put the handbreak, set the pause and took above picture. On resume, with handbreak still on, the plane tilted backward and started sliding down the hill. I put throttle during the pause (tricked it), but after a few seconds I got black and “collided with something”. Must have been gravity :upside_down_face:

Gosh, the turmoil we go through sometimes when honing our flying skills :wink:

Make me curious. What did you mean with hard right break ? You balance on a wheel and turn (?)

Have you ever tried LS-60 Rockfall ? the sloped air strip Parorng made,

1 Like

A B78X into KALU’s 4,000 ft grass strip is pretty inappropriate.

is this really an inappropriate place?

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @moaetctout !
Really perfect landing, i guess is not an inappropriate landing, because the cars can still pass in front of the heli… Nice shot!

Sincerely,
Filippo

South San Francisco hillside sign, just northwest of KSFO. The poor man’s Hollywood sign! :wink:

5 Likes

ground effect + glider = landed too long in Courchevel

2 Likes

On an airplane, the brakes are differential, one left, one right, so you can direct it to the brakes on the ground. So he locked the right brake to rotate the plane

1 Like

Thx, I made the change last week (change Controls config to set keys on my keyboard to left and right brake), I haven’t really practiced with it sofar… but nice to know it can be used !