Going to necro this. Updated my windows 11 recently to v 10.0.22621 and the problem is back. I’ve first noticed this issue about a year ago. It comes and goes based on windows updates. I think they’re not able to get it right and the real solution, as least as of now is to just use some kind of hub like mentioned in other replies above to disconnect the controllers. I do like the idea of a shell script too though. What’s funny is that only certain controllers do it. For example I leave all my fanatec stuff connected and they never have a problem, but on the other hand my xbox one controller and a DIY flight pedal i made both keep the system awake.
I don’t suppose you’d care to share the script please? ![]()
I can but you will need to pop in your own hardware IDs.
Here it is. Each instance is for a different controller (throttle, stick, pedals for me). I forget how I obtained the hardware IDs. You can get the first part from Device Manager but I think I needed powershell to get the second half.
pnputil /disable-device “HID\VID_044F&PID_0404\7&E920075&2&0000”
pnputil /enable-device “HID\VID_044F&PID_0404\7&E920075&2&0000”
pnputil /disable-device “HID\VID_044F&PID_0402\7&135C5A7&2&0000”
pnputil /enable-device “HID\VID_044F&PID_0402\7&135C5A7&2&0000”
pnputil /disable-device “HID\VID_068E&PID_C0F2\3&2EC7A227&0&0000”
pnputil /enable-device “HID\VID_068E&PID_C0F2\3&2EC7A227&0&0000”
Ah, looks complicated! What do we do with it? ![]()
What you need to do is obtain the hardware ID for each controller, I think specifically the instance ID, and then plug that into those disable and enable commands. You need an enable / disable command for each piece of hardware. Then take that text and put it in a text file and change the extension to .bat. Then you create a scheduled task in Windows, which sources that script, and you schedule it to run after every boot.
Excellent, will give it a go soon, thanks so much phobos8287 ![]()
I have a cleaner fully automated solution. I have been struggling with the same exact problem so decided to write a small to feel free to tray it. If you are using a Thrustmaster check the Issue section since there is an extra step you need to take care of, hope it helps.