[Preview] Oceanside (KOKB) San Diego County, California

Hello simmers!

I have just finished San Diego Gillespie (KSEE), installed the Beta SU10 and finally wanted to start another airport freeware project with my amateur’ish skills. I choose KOKB Oceanside Municipal in South California, up north San Diego. It’s a very small field, one runway, no taxiway signs, uncontrolled field… It won’t take me too long to enhance with my skills and the philosophy of my previous projects: from a pilot’s perspective, with default MSFS buildings and object, limited handmade texture, based on real data but compatible with MSFS existing content.

As you can see with the pictures below, I love to put specific taxiway signs. But I never flew in this field (in real), so I’m relaying on public data available: FAA/real aviation data, Google Maps, Bing Map (and aerial + the great Eye Bird view), mapcarta, all streetview from Google and Apple map and Youtube footage like this great drone view and this Gyrocopter takeoff.

If you have pictures or data to make the field more accurate from a pilot’s perspective, please help me and let me know! For example, I don’t have the text displayed on the yellow sign (see the third pic below) :wink:

Thank you if you can help!

10 Likes

ooh ooh! (raises hand) 8CL1? Lake Wohlford? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha. Umm, how can one “fly quietly”? A bit less revs, at risk of crashing so families can watch TV in peace…

2 Likes

A good muffler should help. No spinning tires on the runway after 9PM either!

Sceneries Requests for Microsoft Flight Simulator - Flightsim.to ?

1 Like

3 Likes

I love super detailed little airports like this. :slight_smile: Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

We approaching the 1st public release. It should ok for this week-end!

3 Likes

looking forward to this one! have all your airports, fantastic addons

1 Like

@Vincent1064 Love all the details! Can we find your stuff over at flightsim.to?

1 Like

Yes, it’s now available : https://flightsim.to/file/37328/oceanside-box-maxwell-memorial-airfield-kokb

2 Likes

Just grabbed it! Thank you. Definitely going to check it out later today.

1 Like