Printing 3D Models from the SIM?

Hi,

I was wondering, would Asobo/Microsoft consider sharing the 3D models from within the simulator with folks who might like to 3D print them for their cockpit builds? Obviously under a non-commercial type of understanding.

I had a go at modelling the TBM yoke ends (with all the buttons) in Fusion 360 but it’s somewhat beyond my current ability.

Thanks,
Ed.

Here you can get print ready models - freeware and payware. I don’t think there’s amy chance that Asobo will publish any 3D data.

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/flightsimulator

There are ways to extract. Not only MSFS. Try .obj X-Plane aircraft’s. A workaround I will not share but if you google you will find ways. Blender is recommended as first software.

Hi, thanks for the link. Some interesting parts there.

1 Like

Thanks for replying '959. I was thinking it would be great to have the permission and support of the respective companies rather than trying to hack the sim.

That’s the best way. There are .obj plugin’s for Blender. With the plugin you could get it visible in blender.

Hello, just saw your post, I was recently working on a TBM 900 home cockpit for x plane. Long story short I decided to go with a King air instead but I did finish a few things for the TBM like a 3d printable Yoke. I haven’t test printed it myself (but worst case would be a little sanding here and there if some pieces are too tight) I got it posted on thingiverse. search for thing:4825314

I’ll try to create some assembly instructions when I have some time. Hopefully the pictures help show how it goes together.

2 Likes

Here’s an exploded view

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum. thank you for posting your yoke model, it looks fantastic and woud be interesting to see if I could print it in resin.

Kind regards,
Ed.