ProAtc/SR or FSHud?

No one misinformed the community two updates in the 4 months it has been out with people all over the product forums talking about issues they have and being degraded by one very specific moderator on there is the truth.

Just like the moderators being so hell bent on “full names in signature in the forums” like there’s no reason at all the moderators, developers, or other people should care if someone has their name in their signature or not…

You wrote his 14 hours ago. It’s not true, two updates is more than ‘not a single update’ so it’s not really fair to lie about that. I’d like them to update quicker too, especially with the new features inbound but talking the product down based on things that aren’t true at all isn’t going to increase their revenue and update cycles. If you don’t want to support the product and just be whole negative about it, fine. But you shouldn’t be lying to the community about it.

Hello,
I have the exact same settings, except for the manual TOD.
I could re-create my issue multiple times regardless of aircraft type, airport, scenery, etc:

• STAR in Simbrief: no assigned STAR in ProATC

STAR in Simbrief

STAR in Simbrief_2

• No STAR in Simbrief: assigned STAR in ProATC

NO STAR in Simbrief

NO STAR in Simbrief_2

All according to the moving maps menu.
The flights were exactly the same - except for the STAR - loaded in 1 minute after the other.
So, what do I do wrong?

I’ve done the Munich approach last weekend with no problem. I think I found the discrepancy though.

In simbrief, I use this path (I think it must have been in the manual but don’t pin me down on it). Apparently, in this simbrief format the SID/Stars are automatically excluded.

1 Like

Ahh good catch, that must be it!
As for some reason the direct import does not work for me, I load the files via Simbrief downloader, but have been using another path (that I had for Little Navmap).
Will check this out, thanks!

1 Like

Yes, direct import does not work for me either. Export the simbrief plan via download and then import into ProATC SR. This should work.

Otherwise what you also can do is manually copy the route from SIMBRIEF into ProATC SR. This also removes STARS etc.

Yepp, exactly that seems to be the key. Either:

• Direct SB import
  • Import from file with downloader, but with a path that ignores SID/STAR
  • Copy manually to ProATC planner

Thanks!

“All the new features inbound” you mean the features that they literally will not talk about and give no roadmap for the customers? And still have the worst forum moderators out there?

And again 2 updates in 4 months is really ■■■■■■ service when you can see other products such as FSHud that update constantly. At the end of the day they might have a plan for “new features” but the company as a whole is known for abandoning projects. The same thing they did with ProATC/X they updated it a few times then bam it was done. You got what you got.

I don’t know why you insist on being so very negative about this product, here and elsewhere. They have a facebook group where updates and ideas are shared. The whole project is 1,5 guy doing 1 product. It works very well, new features are inbound to make it even more cool. If you don’t like it, you don’t like it. Fine. I just don’t get your negativity about it.

And that forum post, as I mentioned before, is dated 2018. Come on.

It’s not being negative. It’s being realistic and saying and showing the downsides of it. Yes it does work well, but there are still lots of things that need to be fixed.

And is that my fault that the developer has a product and a forum for his/her product that they haven’t bothered to make sure is being checked on since 2018? No that is a poor marketing choice if the whole “join the Facebook group” is what that developer uses. Then close down the forum completely. I have never once in my life been like “oh I have questions about a PC product let me go check to see if they have a Facebook group”

I’ve said my only gripes with it are that the developer is not very active on said forum. But he/she could be very active on the Facebook I have no idea about that.

And I think the whole makerunways is a ■■■■■■ way to force the end user buying the product to make sure the developers product works correctly with airports… and even with using makerunways it doesn’t actually work as like I stated the inibuilds KLAX is still completely messed up on ProATC. That would be on the developer to actually look into and fix.

It’s not my job to fix the developers product. He/she wants to release a product for 50 dollars then I expect it to have the most basic of functions such as the correct taxiways and correct runways at an airport.

And on top of that. Asking for help on the DEVELOPERS forum and getting no real help. Instead just getting some ■■■■■■■ moderator isn’t a good look for said product. Now if I could actually get help and get the answers on the issues I would give the product very high praise. Half of having a product is making sure your customers get the support they need.

3 Likes

I just tried to go to Pro-ATC’s forum from their website and it gives an error. Is there a forum for this product?

Fatal error : Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /is/htdocs/wp1075950_N55V1GWBOE/www/proatcxforum/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3885

So there is a forum but you won’t get any type of help on there. The moderators will just tell you it’s your fault and then be rude to you.

They also have a Facebook group where again the developers has no interaction or even replies to anything.

The best bet is to just not use the product honestly.

3 Likes

I can confirmed. The PROATC Team doesn’t support you. Very very bad CX. You waste your Money. This team doesn’t deserve it !

3 Likes

I can confirm this too and it’s a shame how the developers of Proatc act with their addon: bugs product, no update, no reply to email, censorship on the forum. No respect for the customers. They don’t deserve to sell their unfinished product.

I have made a complaint to the consumer protection organization of Canada to report these actions.

4 Likes

What these boxes mean ?
Generate flight plan

1 Like

Hi, I would like to know from the community or anyone else who had tried. Which is the best ATC with S/R Voice recog. for GA aircraft? I know of Pilot2ATC, FSHud, and ProATC. But for us who are training for radio calls and want to get better without getting a lashing or being made a mockery of. Which is better to practice with? Any good serious responses anxiously appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, FSHud is excellent (I use it all the time as it’s much better than default ATC) but it does not have S/R. Being able to use my voice is important as well so here is my experience. Note I only use ATC for IFR flights so can’t comment on VFR, although I’ve used these programs successfully with GA aircraft and IFR flights.

• I have probably 100+ hours of time spent using pro-atc/sr at this point. The program has many bugs and some of the worst dev support I’ve seen for a product (promised update ssince last Aug. with nothing, useless support forums), BUT it does work very well for s/r and once you figure out all of the bug workarounds I still think it’s a good product. I just really hesitate to recommend though because of how poorly it is supported.

• I have spent 15+ hours using the pilot2atc “demo” (once last Aug and tried again this month). I really wanted to like this program because it has excellent dev support and some people love it but in the end just too many problems for me - awful UI and couldn’t get s/r to work correctly among other things. At least there is a demo so you can try yourself. See more detail in my recent post: What ATC solution? - #74 by WasabiDadSFO

1 Like

actually, 24 or 25 at KLAX is in use about 90% of the time. KLAX is only a mile or two from the ocean. The difference in air temps almost always guarantee an onshore wind blowing at KLAX, which is why it’s unusual to see aircraft taking off or landing in the opposite direction. So much so that when I’m assigned 07L or something, I almost think of it as a bug.

Would be nice to get some help from fs hud. I lose all control contact after taking off. No inflight instruction. Resumes once I land. No clue how to fix fshud doesn’t seem interested in helping. Just took the $$.

1 Like

You can open a ticket from the application.
To open ticket, click on “Support” button in application main window.

Thank you