Problem reinstalling msfs help please

connection is good fast, fiber…

I would check the network driver version to see if it is newest.
And check your motherboard BIOS version to see if it is newest.

Here are a couple of things to check out.

more here

Well, I also have the Boxed version and a digital ownership tied to my MS/XBox account.
Still need to have disk 1 inserted (Or virtual mounted) just to play the game

i never had to insert disc 1 to play… stange world indeed
good thing about this sim is you are never bored, something new always happens :slight_smile:

1 Like

So true :smiley:
I just see that Intel i5-4460 is minimum spec for this game.
Allthough your CPU is one hell of a processor it is time to upgrade :wink:

yeah I know but out of the question at the moment
just upgraded lately with this new ssd and 32gb ddr3

Well, that upgrade should give you a boost, together with your positive attitude your are all set.
Do not be afraid of updating your BIOS. It is straight forward and simple
Allthough at your own risk :rofl:

Yeah I am not enough expert to mess with my Bios
That’s a shame; I was quite happy since aug 2020 release, barely had 1 or 2 ctd , good performances settings to high
quite happy…
too bad I can’t have it installed anymore…
But I will figure it out :slight_smile:
Thanks for your support

it’s 10:44 pm in Paris, working tomorrow, time to get some sleep :slight_smile:

Now I understand why you have that good spirit :wink:
Goodnight, hope you get this one sorted out

Thanks
will let you know the progress (if any :slight_smile: )
good night to you too

Given the age of the board, it’s unlikely to be bios, and you’re right, it’s unlikely 2 drives are faulty.

It could be a problem with the RAM or, worst case the sata controller. One way to test would be with a big compressed file, in related to MSFS. I don’t suppose you have an old license for an old version of P3D? The compressed install files for that were huge, and you could just try downloading one and extracting it (you wouldn’t need to install it)

I read elsewherer (think it was on Orbx forums) of someone with a similar issue. Turned out it was Malwarebytes interpreting a patch file as malicious and removing it while MSFS kept retrying to install it, creating a constant loop. This may not be your case but perhaps it might be worth trying disabnling any virus protection software during the install process. Best of luck whichever way it goes, sounds like you’ve been having an endless nightmare.

I don’t think it’s a fault with your system, as others are stalling at the same point.

First thing I would try, right-click the installer and Run as administrator.
and as UnivalveSaucer7 says,
Disable the Microsoft Windows Firewall, Temporary disable your antivirus program if you have one?

This chap Bunter2000 had a similar problem as yourself, here’s a quote and a link below.

" When the update stalled I closed FS2020 and opened up the install folder/official and scrolled down until I found the file/s that it was stuck on and deleted them then restarted"

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-patch-install-stuck/273654/28?u=tastierosprey80

I have the same processor (i7-4790K) as the OP and so fa’mr everything is great. I’m running mostly high and ultra and mostly GA with dreams of liners and F-35’s. However, Widows says I’m (my system) too much of a pauper to run Windows 11. -Redeye

Yes, it is a great 4th generation CPU, I had a I7 4770K just till last year. Served me well for about 10 years, rock stable and never had big problems with it, hardware wise spoken. Ran XPlane11, P3Dv4&5 with it.
I do remember however that the mainboard (Asus Z87) started having trouble with syncing the real time. Replacing the onboard battery did not help.
Electronic components do age :wink:

1 Like

As the OP stated that he is not enough expert to mess with his BIOS, it is unlikely that he has the most recent BIOS for his mainboard installed. But I agree, considering the age of the mainboard it can be anything that is failing.
Lots of good suggestions here

I updated the bios last night to the latest and still no luck, crashed whilst installing…

Maybe nothing to do with your issues, but I was having problems installing the update, fairly certain it was Gaming Services and/or Xbox, which both were reinstalled.

But it did throw up another issue.

I decided to reinstall the whole MSFS2020 into Windows 11 and I tried to download the install files to a drive other than C drive. It refused to install until I reverted back to allow it to install into C drive which it did without problem. Once I clicked on the install icon within Xbox, I was able to direct the program to whatever drive I wanted and I had no further installation problems.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Rob

To install a program not on your system drive you need to change the location for new apps in System/Storage/Advanced Storage settings