Problem with Axis and Ohs + Behringer X-Touch Mini + Input combos (Honeycomb Alpha with X-Touch) not working

I downloaded a Template for the Behringer X-Touch Mini for the Garmin g1000 from flightsim.to. The Author is a Rottenb there. He quite ingeaniously uses a shift key (button combo with a button on the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and a rotary dial on the X-Touch) in Axis and Ohs to change between the FMS two layer knob for the upper rotary knob and the lower rotary knob. Clever Idea. Only it doesn´t work with me. Axis and Ohs registers my X-Touch fine, and also the buttons on my Alpha Yoke. But pressing the Button and turning the assigned Dial both together, it always stays on the upper Rotary knob in the Garmin g1000. Am I missing something here? At first I thought it was maybe the Kodiak 100 I was flying, so I switched to a flightsimulator native plane - the cessna caravan - but the same thing.

Similar command works fine for me with X-Touch + USB joystick with SU9 and the NXI mod. Tested with Diamond 40NG, but that probably doesn’t matter.

What happens if you try to create similar command from scratch, rather than importing from premade template?

(Incidentally, I tend to use the push on X-Touch knobs to switch between inner/outer knobs in cases like this, and use long click on the X-Touch push for the virtual push function.)

That´s also a good idea with changing to the outer and inner knobs. I will try both methods and see which I like best. Yes I also thought of inputing everything new. Maybe there was a change of the variable names in the last sim update. Thanks.

Hey, Rottenbk here.

First thing I can think of is to make sure that “suppress Key Down Event” is checked for the button that you DON’T want to use the shift button for.

Other than that, yeah try to make the assignments yourself. For some reason (99% of the time it’s my fault) I find AAO doesn’t always behave the way I expect. Redoing things seems to sort it out.

I was using this profile literally yesterday, in the Kodiak 100, and it worked fine.

Good luck!

I take it that you are the kind author of the template but with a “k” at the end of the name? I will try to redo the Template, as I found out that the names of the assigned actions I can assign, differ from the ones in your Template. Maybe that´s where the problem is. In your assignment there is lower and upper for the FMS PFD and MFD dual knob. In my Axis and Ohs I can only assign a page knob and a group knob for the FMS PFD and MFD dual knob. Not sure which is which though. Will attempt to reassign it all and see if it works then. But thanks for the starting help… I would never have thought of a shift key.

Yep, that’s me.

I’m not at my sim computer right now but when you’re sitting in a plane, bring up AAO, go to “Scripting” and select something along the lines of “Read L-Vars from sim”. Let it do it’s thing and then when you’re trying to assign some knobs you should see a new category called “Local Sim Variables”. Then you should be able to find additional events.

Thanks. Have to see of I can get to it during the week after work, otherwise it will have to be postponed till the weekend…

Nope. Reprogramming is fruitless. The buttons on the Alpha are only recognised while Programming. Once saved, they refuse to work as they should. If you hit button 5 while turning the FMS knob or leave Button 5 alone while turning the FMS knob the result is the same. Combos are just not recognised. Thought it mght have something to do with Microsoft Net Framework not being installed (was mentioned in the AAO Manual that it needs to be installed), but turns out it’s installed. Stumped at the moment. May try programming without a shift key like PANTSER did above. No idea what’s going on…

That’s unfortunate, I wonder what’s going on?

Does your Alpha work fine otherwise? IE - Can you assign a function to Button 5 (in AAO) and it’ll work in-sim?

And pardon me if this is a silly question but when you say “hit button 5” are you pressing and releasing or are you holding button 5 while turning the FMS knob? I have it set like a shift key - you have to hold it down to carry out the desired action.

I’m puzzled as to what’s going on, as I’ve been using this exact set up for months now.

I’m holding button 5 while turning the FMS knob. Do I need to completely delete the Alpha In the Sims control settings? But that shouldn’t interfer…?

I don’t think it should matter but couldn’t hurt to search for something using Button 5 and remove that binding, just as a test.

I don’t have any controllers assigned in-sim, I use AAO for everything which makes things much easier to have multiple controller configs per aircraft.

Can you post a screenshot of your FMS assignments?

I’ll work on it more tomorrow. It’s too frustrating and I’m too tired tonight. The Picture above Shows my settings for the PFD FMS knob turning clockwise in AAO’s. May try deleting the Alpha totally from the sims own control Inputs and see what happens, incase something is interfering with one another. Already deleted the Button 5 assignment. Didn’t help. Thanks for the help anyways. Let you know…

Given up for now. It doesn´t matter what I put in the Assigned Combo field, Axis and Ohs seems to ignore it. I have tried several USB devices as a button input, but to no avail. I have posted over at Avsim, as Lorby from Axis and Ohs often Answers over there. Mayby he has an idea, or someone else. Thanks anyway for the help. If I find out what the Problem is/was I´ll post it here. Want to fly, and not be solving problems the whole time.

Ah that’s too bad, sorry I wasn’t able to help!

The good news is Lorby is great when it comes to customer service, he’s helped me out tonnes when I was first learning how to make AAO work.

I hear ya re: just wanting to fly and not bang your head against problems all day. I do that too - just leave the problem alone for a while and sometimes I’ll come back with a fresh idea.

Anyways, good luck and please do report back if/when you get things sorted out!

Yes, leaving things alone awhile often helps. You get a fresh look on things after you come back…

Question: Which Garmin G1000 are you using? The original, or the Working Title Garmin G1000 NXI?

I’ve been in the NXI for a long time. My templates on flightsim.to have been made specifically for the NXi. Not sure if they even work properly on the (now obsolete) straight G1000

Found that out, after I killed everything, and had to load your Template new. NXI stood in the name. Lorby allready answered (that is really fast), and we are trying things. But it´s time to turn everything off, make dinner and head for bed. It´s past 20:00 and my alarm goes off at 4:30. Stupid money that needs to be earned… :slight_smile: Signing off then.

1 Like