Problem with G-LOC (blackout) effect, never fully goes away

There is an issue with the new G induced loss of consciousness effect (G-LOC) added in Sim Update 7.

After it has been activated once through a high-G turn, it never completely goes away after that. There is a permanent residual darkening and halo effect left on the screen for the rest of the flight. Disabling G effects in the options menu does not remove it. The only way to clear it is to end the flight and start a new one (or restart the sim).

This affects both 2D and VR, though it is much easier to see in VR. It is extremely noticeable in the headset (and distracting to the point of having to disable the effect entirely, at least to me). Hopefully this is an easy fix, as the new effect is quite nice, if slightly abrupt compared to reality.

Thanks!

Ive only had it happen once, blacked out, thought the game had crashed, and just as I was getting ready to hit the windows key, vision cleared and I plowed into the ground. It did come completely back from the blackout though and there was no residual after affects other then my death of course ;p

Crashing resets the flight, so you wouldn’t have seen the problem I’m describing. If you pull some G and even partially grey out, and then recover control without crashing, the slight residual darkened halo effect will be there.

Bumping the topic. I had this happen to me multiple times and finally caught it on video:

Cloud surfing into KRME | KPNS - KRME @OhItsLaz | Chillout - YouTube

After recovery from the G-Lock the screen is noticeably darker, looks like flying with a tinted visor on.