Problem with moving items between monitors

I used 2 monitors, one for flying, second one for maps, ATC etc, which I could move from the main screen to the other.
After the latest mandatory update 5th May 21 they cannot be moved.
Everything else, other than FS2020, moves freeley around, open websites, pictures, films, everything.
Is there something I can do about it or is this some sort of bug??

I have 2 monitors and I can move windows freely between both - the ATC window, the PFD/MFD, Map etc… all works like it always did.

Have a look at your settings in:

1. Right-click on the desktop: Display Settings.
  2. See how your two monitors are setup.

My guess is something there needs tweaking. It could be a few different things. Google: “Windows 10 Display Settings” for more help.

What’s weird is that before the latest patch, every time I put an additional screen on my second monitor the program dropped frames like crazy. After this latest patch its buttery smooth when I do it. Just wanted to share my experience about this topic. Sorry about your issue, I wish I could be a help.

Make sure you make them external applications by pushing the middle blue button and then try. Works perfectly for me!

Are you sure you are undocking the windows from the sim like in this picture? From then on they’re just regular windows i think and they work like any other window.

Problem is that when I push this middle button (like before) - now the window closes itself…
It must be something inside FS2020 because all aother windows I can move freely.

I have read all this many times. All seems OK, just as in Microsoft’s instruction. There is not much I can change really. 1920x1080, 60Hz
I have 2 identical LG IPS LED

Worked all right last week, but now …

1 Like

Before you click the button does it light up white like this? Maybe the mouse cursor is misaligned and the 3rd button is actually pressed? What happens does it close without doing anything else?

afbeelding

It’s really funny. Now that I checked, it’s only the two that I need most to move i.e. ATC and VFR map which cannot be moved. All other ones like camera and nav etc work normally as before.

One more strange thing is that I usually have to click twice on the icon which I want to open, just doesn’t ope at first click. So maybe it’s something with the reoslution or what, I jsu don’t know.

Something strange is happening :slight_smile:
Niow I can move ATC also, all of a sudden. The only one that I cannot move is the map. :joy:

Yeah it must be something with the mouse or resolution. I had it before with the main menu, after the resolution changed i still had to click in another place to hit the buttons.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.