Problems with SDK download

I would like to install the SDK but none of the links in the “Help” menu seem to work.
When MSFS came out I had installed the SDK but since I no longer need it, I have not used it or updated it.
By activating developer mode, at the top right I have the button to update the SDK but that doesn’t work either.
I have already installed all the Windows and Microsoft Store updates.

Is there something I’m missing? It is the only problem I have with MSFS.

Thanks

I have the same issue I click the “Download” box under SDK Version 0.18.0 and nothing happens.

1 Like

Just curious, is it important to get SDK’s if your not going into other modes?

@JazzRT @Cut1ass
MSFS_SDK_Core_Installer_0.18.0.0
MSFS_SDK_Documentation_Installer_0.18.0.0
MSFS_SDK_Samples_Installer_0.18.0.0
MSFS_SDK_Xbox_Samples_Installer_0.18.0.0

2 Likes

I have the same issue, nothing in the menu seems to work and also the giant download button does nothing.

how…

I’m sorry if I answer only now.
Thank you so much!!

1 Like

You’re very welcome.

Obviously the links above are great. The reason this happens is because of a couple of things.

A . It doesn’t like ultra wide resolutions 5120x1440, you have to restart the game in a lower resolution
B. Internet explorer has to be your default browser (it wouldn’t open in Chrome for me)

Hey, i have also the problem. I can’t download the SDK. “Download” button , and menu download links don’t work. I have set the default browser to Microsoft Internet Explorer, and also changed my Resoultion to 1920x1080p in a windows mode( I’m using a 4K monitor). Nothing helped.
I own the Microsoft Store Premium version of MSFS2020.

BTW
I am a VFX Artist working in the Film Industry and i am used to SDKs and unfinished applications. I think the way how MSFS handles the SDK ist not great. A SDK should be downloadable in a normal way and not through the game.

2 Likes

I have found the bug. I was using a thrid party plane ( loaded in my hangar ) which somehow blocked the download links from the dev menu.

1 Like

That’s interesting, can you tell us the name of the offending addon?

Btw, the reason beyond downloading via the game can be because they want to be sure the SDK user actually owns the game (the SDK itself is pretty useless without the game, because the game is the only compiler for the game assets!)

This fixed it for me. Had the FBW A32NX in my hangar. Switched it to the cessna 152 and the downloads now work

1 Like

I can’t reproduce it, but mabye you have to switch the hangar plane in general to make it work.

I was able to reproduce it.
If you were not able to download the SDK follow these steps.

• Change your gaphics resolution to 1920x1080 (4k or widescreen resolutions won’t work)
  • Switch your plane in the hangar after starting MSFS (I think it doesn’t matter if is a thrid party plane or an orginial Asobo plane - Probably the user interface reloads, so other user interface “reloading” procedures should also work)
  • It worked for me with every browser. You don’t have to change your default browser to Microsoft Edge.
2 Likes

OMG, thank you so much for these tips. I was already on 1920x1080, but I did switch my plane in the hangar and that did the trick…so weird. Thanks again!

To any newbies like me: the download pops up right away, so you don’t have to wait wondering if it’s downloading in the background (like I initially did :frowning: )

All I had to do was the same. Was in main menu, but underneath I had a mod plane selected. Selected the 172 and downloaded no problem. No having to change resolution of browser.

I can confirm that the same has just happened to me. I had the PMDG 737-700 DBSF in my Hangar and clicking the SDK download nothing happened. After reading this thread I changed to the Asobo 747, and the download started as normal when I clicked the Download button.

I confirm that even in September 2022 this is an issue. Changing to 1080p resolution temporarily allows me to download the SDK via the link. 4k or similar the link did nothing. I had the Citation as the aircraft loaded.

The other weird thing then is when your screen is a different resolution to the sim, the mouse location does not tally on the top dev menu. The sim mouse interaction for the other main windows works as expected.

What a strange bug.

@moderators Should this be in bugs?