[Released!] NZCH - Christchurch, New Zealand | NZA Simulations

As soon as it will be available for Xbox, I’ll buy it for sure.
This is gonna be a :gem: of an airport.

1 Like

That shot of the United States Antarctic Program hangar brought back some memories…

I was flying the Global. IIRC we had just hopped over to NZCH from Queenstown.
I’ll definitely be picking this up when it is released. :+1:

2 Likes

Nice one! We have tried to get the whole thing as close as possible. NB a bit more work has been done since that screenshot, there is a C17 static is in there which we haven’t shown yet.

1 Like

Some recent screenshots from our social media.

We know this has been a very long development and we really are going all out time-wise to get this out to you as fast as possible. We thank you for your patience with us on this ride. It’s been a solid 1 1/2 year development so far with a lot of blood sweat and tears, 8 hours a night for many of the team most nights including weekends. This is NZA’s ‘halo’ airport and we want it to be right for you all. The area covered is large, and we wanted all areas to have the level of detail and performance you come to expect from our team. Currently, we are working on all of the tricky stuff, I guess you could call it the last 10% of the stuff that got put into the ‘too hard’ basket for a while. NZA - NZCH will fall under the new Proline Plus banner.

We have some new upcoming developments also being worked on which I’ll start new threads for when they’re ready for preview.

In the meantime. Here is some GSE (Ground Service Equipment) going into NZA Simulations - NZCH Christchurch

Custom Kalmar TBL-190 Full Electric Pushback Tug

TBL Jet16 Electric Baggage Tractor

Schopf F300 Drawbar pushback and apron view

ANZ Fastbag carts

Apron shot showing our new proprietary non-looping apron technology in its full PBR glory (around 8 months work and pushing the bounds of what the simulator is capable of)

…and a cheeky shot of the main runway using the same new processes.

12 Likes

AWESOME. day-1 purchase 100%

Your stuff is fantastic I must say, the level of attention to detail and optimisation is phenomenal. The freeware you have is also brilliant, particularly Napier airport.

really looking forward to this one

I’m hoping SU10 has made development easier now!

NZA Simulations is proud to help bring the community content for the MSFS2020 New Zealand World Update XII. We have re-worked from scratch two existing NZA freeware airports to an increased NZA quality standard and two exciting new airports. In doing so, we can bring our Xbox community some free content from the NZA team too.
Our existing freeware airports that will be replaced will have free add-ons available to download from our website. This brings more detail to these airports with the inclusion of our NZA assets from the NZA Model Library.

Included in the New Zealand World Update XII from NZA Simulations is:
-NZRO - Rotorua Airport
-NZTL - Lake Tekapo Airport
-NZWS - Westport Airport
-NZQE - Gorge River Airstrip

In other news…
NZA Simulations NZCH - Christchurch International Airport has entered final testing internally and our external testers and partners are receiving their first release candidate versions.
Along with our screenshots you’ll start to see NZA’s NZCH popping up on your favourite streamers schedules and various online forums leading up to release. Release?.. But when?
Anyone following us closely on our discord, will know we are aiming for a release date to line up with the upcoming New Zealand World Update XII, on our online direct store, MSFS Marketplace and Orbx.

7 Likes

Looks great, looking forward to this releasing.

which version of Westport NZWS will it be since there is a Westport 2.0 available?

1 Like

Can I just say what a superb job this airport is. Absolutely stunning. I haven’t felt the need to leave the airport yet and I’ve been sat here for over an hour exploring! This scenery is right up there with the best of the crop right now I’d say. :clap:

I’m still getting my head around having a 3D model of the airport inside a 3D model of the airport, perhaps a first!

6 Likes

Where is this airport-ception that you speak of? I have the scenery and have yet to see this.

In the black walled booth located in the centre of the food court upstairs landside in the terminal.

1 Like

Hi all,

After quite the few days with Nick and myself from NZA Simulations doing the World Update New Zealand press release with Jorg from Microsoft, Anna & Holger from Orbx who flew over to New Zealand, We now have time to update some of these forum posts.

NZA Simulations NZCH Christchurch is now available on our https://nzasimulations.com webstore, Orbx central and both PC and Xbox on the Microsoft Marketplace store.

Enjoy our new Proline Plus release!

Here is the 4K trailer

13 Likes

I’m loving it, and am especially happy that there has also been an official GSX profile from you guys. Slightly modified the walk-in Gate 10 to suit my AirNZ BAe146-300, but the pax coming out from the terminal already worked perfectly!

Superb video. It’s not often I make it to the end of these, and a preview at the end too. Stunning scenery.

Incredible detail, stunning effort from all involved. Really is bonkers how large the modelled area is including complex interiors.

Milford Sound Trailer looks cracking too.

Very impressive :smiley:

Very impressed! Grabbed Christchurch as soon as it was available…Milford Sound looks to be a Day 1 purchase as well once it comes out.