Proper engine power management! Reverse, Beta, Feathering - Jets & Turboprops!

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible for someone to create a “real” Beta range with FSUIPC 7 ?
Since I am not very computer savvy, I would not know how to achieve that.

Using FSUIPC 7, I am now able to feather the props. But that is a different subject.

I would love to have this option on my honeycomb throttle. Right now I have decrease throttle set but since it’s a button assignment and not a range, it goes into full beta. Makes it difficult to control the speed during taxi. Asobo, please take a look when you can!

2 Likes

are you willing to test a code for beta ranges?

you can use the lowest position of the throttle because there is a bottoming switch to trigger “reverse prop toggle” (or called something like that) and use the forward throttle motion to control the reverse range. Than engage the bottoming throttle switch again to toggle back.

2 Likes

Perhaps there will be something in the upcoming SU12 to address this issue.

Thanks @AjarHaddock4101 I will check it out

The only really well simulated prop range on a turboprop I’ve seen was the majestic Dash 8 400 back in fsx and p3d. I understand they had the engine simulation outside the sim itself. Would be awesome to have something like this in msfs 2020 or 2024.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like Majestic are getting anywhere close to bringing their stuff to msfs. (War may be getting in the way.)

Dunno if it makes me more sad or angry that such a thing is not there after 3 years.
It has to be crazy difficult programming to make those sensitivity curves, modes and detents as shown above… hilarious…

1 Like

The ONLY most simple solution atm for those making own controllers, that works for every single airplane is SW from Dave:

Ideally I don´t want to run several extra programs on background to bring simple functionality to sim, that already was supposed to be there but other 3D party fellas can implement. CRJ has its own calibration on tablet…but it is only for that one specific aircraft. iniBuilds A300-600R as well. PMDG has nothing…:clap: The amount of
the work that 3D parties do to make something functional could have been done several times in vanilla.

Yet another 3D party SW that works with commercial HW or DIY. Though It has tons of functionalities.

Home - SPAD.neXt (spadnext.com)

I will try it and see how powerful it is as I have both DIY controllers and also commercial ones.

Here´s also couple of great reasons why to use it:

EDIT: Simple assigning Throttle with reversers in the SW works flawlessly (at least for turboprops, 737 has a little issue with it, atm, debugging)!

2 Likes

if anyone need modification for Saitek TQ or Honeywell Bravo for usage of reverser bellow the dent it is easy. The problem is, who is still under guarantee time, you will void it, or wait till it expires.
You need only 2 (one per lever) 5kohm resistors… no soldering, just insert it in parallel in the lever potentiometer connector.

So…SOLVED …here we have PMDG 737 and any GA Turbo Prop examples. For PMDG read video description about the values.

Settings in these videos:

PMDG 737 (should work with any TurboProp too):

TBM850 (works with any TurboProp):

I would like to hear from other ppl if it works for them as well.

Here I come with my tutorials:

MobiFlight

SPAD.next